Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

I know this has been asked before, but I didn’t see the answer: why isn’t he showing up on any player rankings for 2023 or 2024? Odd that he’s not on any list if he’s as good as the article states.
I think they somehow overlooked him. He's only ranked on one or two platforms. I think he'll very quickly climb up, especially given his impressive top 5.

Oregon has plenty of Phil Knight (Nike) NIL $$$.
Exactly. And don't think for a minute there's not tons of $$ floating around UCLA and Texas too. That's a huge issue with NIL being such a major factor with these top recruits. AW is willing to spend which is great, but he's up against a lot of stiff competition. Pay for Play brings a lot of issues and lots of uncertainty into the recruiting process when you're up against the big boys with deeper pockets.

If he signs with SU, accolades to AW for being a factor. If he doesn't primarily because we were short $$ in the offer, should AW shoulder some of the blame. Can't take the good without also accepting the bad.

Exactly. And don't think for a minute there's not tons of $$ floating around UCLA and Texas too. That's a huge issue with NIL being such a major factor with these top recruits. AW is willing to spend which is great, but he's up against a lot of stiff competition. Pay for Play brings a lot of issues and lots of uncertainty into the recruiting process when you're up against the big boys with deeper pockets.

If he signs with SU, accolades to AW for being a factor. If he doesn't primarily because we were short $$ in the offer AW shoulder some of the blame. Can't take the good without also accepting the bad.
If someone outbids Adam, I don't blame Adam one bit. That is crazy. I thank him for trying.

He mentions the history of UCLA, Oregon and Texas but not our history. Obviously UCLA’s history is up there as a blue blood, but Oregon and Texas don’t come close to us.
I would argue one of those (Texas) is because there isn’t much more to talk about with a coachless team, Oregon definitely has 0 history though.

I know this has been asked before, but I didn’t see the answer: why isn’t he showing up on any player rankings for 2023 or 2024? Odd that he’s not on any list if he’s as good as the article states.
He doesn't even have a profile on the ESPN or Rivals recruiting sites.
So 2023 is a foregone conclusion ?
I think Neil has reported that the NIL deal offered is for 2023 enrollment only.

Thinking it has become evident we need a minimum of one more forward for next year and Adams is the top choice. Believe I have also read Adams is of the mindset he is going to be a one and done...

If he signs with SU, accolades to AW for being a factor. If he doesn't primarily because we were short $$ in the offer, should AW shoulder some of the blame. Can't take the good without also accepting the bad.
What? He's trying to lure a kid across the country from CA to a program that hasn't competed for a conference title in 9 years with a 78 year old coach and uncertain future. And your gonna blame Adam, nuts.

Man your posts have just been extremely off lately.

He doesn't even have a profile on the ESPN or Rivals recruiting sites.

I think Neil has reported that the NIL deal offered is for 2023 enrollment only.

Thinking it has become evident we need a minimum of one more forward for next year and Adams is the top choice. Believe I have also read Adams is of the mindset he is going to be a one and done...
I'm a little leery of guys outside of the consensus top 10 thinking they are 1 and done. Not sure what Benny's mindset was, but posters thought he was that level before he arrived.

I'm a little leery of guys outside of the consensus top 10 thinking they are 1 and done. Not sure what Benny's mindset was, but posters thought he was that level before he arrived.
Entitled teenagers are generally not great at self assessment. But some of these kids might also be in awful situations and want to make money ASAP to get their loved ones out of a bad situation.

It is nice that NIL is there to give some of these kids who want to get paid ASAP a reason to stay in college for possibly more than a year.

Just FWIW, it's not a definite that Marcus is coming up for an unofficial with Adam W. before making a decision. I spoke to Adam last night. Can't say much else, other than Adam is focused on getting Boogie up to a game, and SU is in a very, very good spot with Marcus.

Just FWIW, it's not a definite that Marcus is coming up for an unofficial with Adam W. before making a decision. I spoke to Adam last night. Can't say much else, other than Adam is focused on getting Boogie up to a game, and SU is in a very, very good spot with Marcus.
Can Boogie reclassify, too?

Hint, hint!

Phil Knight cares more about Oregon Football than Basketball.
That's true but they are going to have elite (pro level) training facilities for all their sports I imagine.
However the floor on their home court looks like vomit. Remind him don't end up like post SU Quincy G.