Class of 2023 - SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SF Marcus Adams (CA) Offered

How would everyone feel about this potential roster next year? I think it could be an NCAA tournament team for Boeheim’s last season.

2023/24 Syracuse Basketball
3 Judah Mintz 6-3 So PG MD
X JJ Starling 6-3 So G NY (Notre Dame)
0 Chris Bell 6-7 So G/F CA
1 Maliq Brown 6-8 So PF/C VA
55 Mounir Hima 6-11 Jr C Niger

24 Quadir Copeland 6-4 So PG PA
5 Justin Taylor 6-7 So SG VA
X Marcus Adams 6-8 Fr F CA
2 Jon Bol Ajak 6-10 Sr PF South Sudan
X Riley Mulvey 6-10 Jr PF/C NY (Iowa)
23 Peter Carey 7-0 Fr C MA
I would feel like Copeland shrank.

Taylor and/or Bell are not staying if we were to sign Starling and Adams. Maybe Copeland as well.

How would everyone feel about this potential roster next year? I think it could be an NCAA tournament team for Boeheim’s last season.

Why are you coming up with Mulvey?

Hard pass on Mulvey.

And is it more than likely that Benny is gone after this season?

Mulvey is not the kind of big that can play the middle of the zone effectively. Not explosive, long or athletic enough. I actually saw him play some minutes the other night in the Iowa game. He did ok just running around and setting screens.

1674242543339.png

Back up center that we previously recruited and is getting almost no run at Iowa. He potentially could be persuaded to come home and compete with Hima

That team is worse than this years team and we’re not even close to being a bubble team this year

Back up center that we previously recruited and is getting almost no run at Iowa. He potentially could be persuaded to come home and compete with Hima
Perhaps there’s a reason why he’s getting no run lol

If only we had success with someone who fits that mold to sell him on...
I’d sell him on the role Cole Swider played for us. That should be convincing and relevant since this kid is from LA

Yes! Freeman also looking to take an OV in February! Maybe they can both be on campus for that game.
Hell, add a center recruit for 2024, and let's go full Fab 5 Adam!

Adding Adams as a '23 SF to me means the staff are expecting ~at least~ one of the current forwards (not Taylor as he'd become a 2) to move on after this season. Excited about this kid but the competition from these tapes relative to loud stats is a bit misleading

Adding Adams as a '23 SF to me means the staff are expecting ~at least~ one of the current forwards (not Taylor as he'd become a 2) to move on after this season. Excited about this kid but the competition from these tapes relative to loud stats is a bit misleading
If you figure that Taylor is being groomed to be a 2 and Copeland is being groomed to be a PG, then that leaves the forwards rather thin. Bell needs to put on weight and Benny would be a senior. I don't think anyone expected Benny to be here as a senior. If we are lucky enough to have Benny as a junior, I think he will put it together and have a great season and be off to the NBA draft. So, plenty of room for more forwards in 2024.

If you figure that Taylor is being groomed to be a 2 and Copeland is being groomed to be a PG, then that leaves the forwards rather thin. Bell needs to put on weight and Benny would be a senior. I don't think anyone expected Benny to be here as a senior. If we are lucky enough to have Benny as a junior, I think he will put it together and have a great season and be off to the NBA draft. So, plenty of room for more forwards in 2024.
As a 2024 member I agree, I'm referencing the article in which AW offered NIL as a 2023 - next year things would be tricky with current depth, pending departures