Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are following the UNC model of being able to just keep running size out there. Although, all these guys will have to add some beef.
I've been thinking about that a lot lately with UNC winning the title. Our size and length will be incredible--though inexperienced--next year. That's how JB used to roll. In the old Big East days, I remember Mick Cronin discussing that and saying Cincy needed to emulate JB's philosophy of trying to be bigger (longer) than the other team at every position. It's a potentially huge defensive advantage. Like in 2013.

Another 4? I am thinking the staff has to view Thompson and Sidibe as Centers. And maybe they do think Brissett and Moyer are more than capable of playing small forward.

Its interesting. This kids handle looks like SF level. The staff must feel like Moyer, Thompson and Brissett will all be able to keep defenses honest with there outside shot.

That said I like this kid and think the staff should try to get him if he's interested.

Its interesting. This kids handle looks like SF level. The staff must feel like Moyer, Thompson and Brissett will all be able to keep defenses honest with there outside shot.

That said I like this kid and think the staff should try to get him if he's interested.

That's what I meant about Moyer and Brissett being able to play the 3. Moyer had a serviceable handle and jumper in high school. If he's bulked up a bit, I still think he's better-suited as a 4 who'd provide matchup problems. Same with Brissett. But it may come down to our roster and where they may be needed.

I say it, and the mob comes after me. This is a developmental year, but I get slammed for saying anything along those lines. I don't want to awake RF, and his crew.

No argument that this is shaping up as a development year. I guess where we differ is I'm a little more concerned about that possibility coming off the heels of missing the tournament last year. We missed the tournament twice in a row in 2007 and 2008 and ended up fine but I really would like the trajectory of the program to head back in the right direction. But I realize the roster is almost certainly not complete so we'll see what we look like come October and I also hope Darius is part of our roster in 2018 (to make sure I stay on topic)

Last edited:
This kid has the skills. Would love to bring him in regardless of our roster. Great looking mid range game which seems so hard to find for us and he really seems to know where to be and body positioning to get rebounds etc. Let's get the ball rolling with the 18 class

No argument that this is shaping up as a development year. I guess where we differ is I'm a little more concerned about that possibility coming off the heels of missing the tournament last year. We missed the tournament twice in a row in 2007 and 2008 and ended up fine but I really would like the trajectory of the program to head back in the right direction. But I realize the roster is almost certainly not complete so we'll see what we look like come October and I also hope Darius is part of our roster in 2018 (to make sure I stay on topic)

And it's a developmental year where our best player is very likely to bolt after the season. Nature of the beast in college hoops but I think it's no secret that the last 2 national championships had great players upperclassmen.

Appears to me that Bazley can play the 3 or 4. Buy, hey, have to imagine there will be hoard of schools after him. It's not like he lands in our lap.

Bagley, Williams, Days... say hello all worth the look.
Obviously they are all great players, but we have a small shot at Simi or Naz, but no shot at those guys you mentioned.

Well said. I'm starting to think it can be more than a developmental year if we can add a couple key pieces.

Darius would be great for 2018 as well. The sky isn't falling. JB is back doing work. Love Hop, but it was a deterrent to some recruits. Plus, JB let Hop do the heavy lifting recruiting as he thought he was retiring. Now recruits know he will be around. The future is bright. Darius is a beast. I wish we had all our scholarships. Thanks NCAA, as UNC wins it all.

Obviously they are all great players, but we have a small shot at Simi or Naz, but no shot at those guys you mentioned.

Why couldn't we get involved with Darius days...? Besides that the staff won't go to Florida to recruit him.. there is also bryce workman. But I wouldn't mention him cause he is also from Florida

Is title erroneous? This kid is listed as a SF, not PF...

I remember a lot of people saying Battle wasn't much of an outside shooter before last season.

I remember a lot of people saying Battle wasn't much of an outside shooter before last season.

I a large portion of posters here are still suffering the effects of losing out on a bunch of 5-star kids from this class. I think its lead to them generally underestimating the guys we do have. Battle is going to be a stud! Thompson will put up numbers! Moyer, Brissett, Sidibe and Washington are better than most seem to think. Yes we need a PG and we will get one. Yes we lack a true small forward but we have a bunch of good players and we will add another forward IMO.

Truth is that Tyus had a terrific season and his outside shot surprised many including myself. However, he does not have that classic Andy Rautins form from outside. I am hoping for the best from him, but it would not surprise me in the least if he falters from afar and has to rely on his dribble-drive game more if he is to get his 15 or so a night.

A lot may depend upon who we get to fill out the roster. If we don't add a couple of bona fide outside scoring threats, Ty will not see much daylight from beyond the arc.

Bazley is an outstanding player with mad skills that would really add to our overall game. He will make someone a quality player and I hope that he is Orange when we roll out our team in 2018-19!

I'm not the only one who sees a lefty KD when you watch this kid am I?

I say it, and the mob comes after me. This is a developmental year, but I get slammed for saying anything along those lines. I don't want to awake RF, and his crew.
Thing is, when have we ever practically written off a season? We're SU. We shouldn't have to look 2 years out to see a silver lining. Maybe that's just the way it is, but as a fan base we're paying for the staffs recruiting mistakes in the short term.

O.m.g. I liked this kids game from watching previous tape on him but I had no idea he had such a good looking handle and could run the court like that. Wicked rebounder and the shot looks nice and a lefty. I WANT this kid for 18 bad! I actually kinda like the KD comparison a little. Unfortunately I bet his recruitment starts to heat up like crazy but we need to get on him like now especially considering he reached out to us correct?

Unfortunately I bet his recruitment starts to heat up like crazy but we need to get on him like now especially considering he reached out to us correct?

Syracuse basketball interested in Ohio State de-commit Darius Bazley

If you read this article from www. syracuse.com, you will see that he expressed interest to the coaching staff, and they expressed interest in him. They haven't offered, but he wasn't on their radar. It will likely take some time for them to get tape on him and evaluate, so I wouldn't expect an offer immediately. But, from what I have seen and heard of him, I wouldn't be surprised if he does get an offer.

Well dang...there hasn't been a player since Melo that I wanted like Nasty...is my dream slipping away?

The key here is he expressed interest in us first. That means he likes us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors