Class of 2018 - SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH) | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SF/PF Darius Bazley (OH)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy but, Matt Moyer is one of my favorites already too!
Moyer seems like a classy kid who will be a great 4 year player. From what I've seen, he doesn't appear overly athletic though. The extra red shirt year should help him.

I remember Fraser and those Nova recruits. Hard to believe that one service had him #1 overall and all of them had him Top 5. This is the guy who dunked on the wrong basket. From like Amityville I think as was AJ Price.

Well, back when Fraser had functioning knees he was incredible. But he had really, really bad issues with his knees by the end of his SR year in high school, so the product that we saw at Nova was a shell of what he possibly could have been.

Terrance Roberts had similar issues, although not as bad as Fraser's. Roberts had a chance to be a really good (but not great - his below average bball IQ would always hold him back) player but he lost a lot of quickness/explosion due to chronic knee issues.

Well, back when Fraser had functioning knees he was incredible. But he had really, really bad issues with his knees by the end of his SR year in high school, so the product that we saw at Nova was a shell of what he possibly could have been.

Terrance Roberts had similar issues, although not as bad as Fraser's. Roberts had a chance to be a really good (but not great - his below average bball IQ would always hold him back) player but he lost a lot of quickness/explosion due to chronic knee issues.

Right. I could always tell Fraser was a terrific athlete and still a pretty good one even with the knee issues. To me though he always seemed like he didn't really have a true position. To0 thin/lean and not skilled enough to be a true C. Maybe more of a Shawn Kemp type PF if all had worked out. I miss Roberts and Mookie sometimes. There were times when their defense as a tandem down low was absolutely fantastic.

Bnoro, thanks for that feedback, am very happy to change my assessment!
I think because of how classy Matt is, we forget a bit, that he could be a very good player at some point at cuse. At least I do. He has been committed for so long, and as such has been a surrogate recruiter during that time. However, given his redshirt year, I have no idea what type of player he will actually be. That said, kid has a motor and angry streak that I think we need. Hope he gets some confidence early, so he can evolve as the season progresses. I think he will definitely get minutes this year. Also hope he can be a solid rebounder for us. That would be huge!

As jr said in the post after yours, I think people kind of just forgot how impressive his HS tape was when we signed him. I'm very excited to see what he does this season.
Especially because he has really worked on his outside shot. His release is so much higher and the stroke looks smooth. Can't wait to see him unleash the new skills.

Kid is definitely not lacking confidence!

What I found interesting is he was uncomfortable trying to describe his game when I asked him to. Then when I asked him the question about playing the 3 or the 4, he said that nobody can guard him and all of that. He was definitely confident though. I haven't read too many interviews with him, especially lately, so it was good to catch up with him.

What I found interesting is he was uncomfortable trying to describe his game when I asked him to. Then when I asked him the question about playing the 3 or the 4, he said that nobody can guard him and all of that. He was definitely confident though. I haven't read too many interviews with him, especially lately, so it was good to catch up with him.

Love his confidence

I love how he shoots lefthanded jumpers but most of his floaters and layups are right handed. Very tough to defend, can't wait for Baze!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom