Class of 2019 - SF/PF Jae'lyn Withers (NC) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF/PF Jae'lyn Withers (NC)

Nice looking player from my area. Seen him a few times. High motor. Nice looking shot. Needs to get stronger. He's not as versatile defensively as Akok but I like him.

I remember Jae’lyn Withers from the long passed and missed paid Dean Francis’ information exchange. Dean identified him up as an upcoming player that was under publicized back in early months this year.

Jae’lyn and Tyrese Samuels were two players Dean identified Syracuse may get involved with.

If Akok is less certain to choose SU since he's become a five star, why not try to make a move for Withers? This guy can play. He's listed as likely headed to Louisville. Unless there's a bag involved, why not try? He's long, athletic, fits our mold.

I really wish we'd jump in the ring with this guy. He's in my backyard. He can play. Surely we could offer more than Louisville?

When you say "offer more", maybe not?

When you say "offer more", maybe not?
With the state of the Louisville program, are they really in the position to be offering bags? I just meant offer more as a program. LOL

We are in this game
SU Dreaming I appreciate your insights and unwavering belief in the program, I can ride with that... however, you posted 8 days ago that "we are in the game" like you just did for Isaiah Stewart. What happened in the last 8 days that we would not be in his top 5 even? Not mad at ya, just wondering and want some commentary/insight if you have any.

While I am not SU Dreaming, I am guessing when SuDreaming says we are still in, he means that he has not heard SU has been eliminated by the recruit and from his point of contact, the SU staff has not quit recruiting the player in question.

we thought we were in it, it was a surprise a few weeks ago, what else can i say, something is off when kids are picking UL when they are on probation forever, doesn't jive, but again just reporting what i hear

SU Dreaming I appreciate your insights and unwavering belief in the program, I can ride with that... however, you posted 8 days ago that "we are in the game" like you just did for Isaiah Stewart. What happened in the last 8 days that we would not be in his top 5 even? Not mad at ya, just wondering and want some commentary/insight if you have any.

was reporting what i was told, however, as i have written in the past, the staff cannot cover 20 kids each year despite the amount of offers, they have their tier 1s, max 3 per asst coach which is 9, and that is a lot, then they have backup b's and c's, you can't imagine the amount of time they spend on each and they still have their day job

when you see JB at every single game for 1 or 2 kids in July, the kids we are not watching see it too

bottom line, no one can say JB and staff are not working, just look at the Elite camp posts today, was insane talent there and not just from Northeast, our guys are pounding pavement

can't make final 5 on every kid and i rather NOT be in the final 5 if we truly do not have a chance, move on, wasting time you know what i mean

end of day i hate losing on any kid

Amazing how Louisville still attracts quality recruits after all the mess over there. They lost their HOF coach, dignity, NC and F4, and even their hookers. And kids are still lining up like it’s the coolest taco truck in town.

Amazing how Louisville still attracts quality recruits after all the mess over there. They lost their HOF coach, dignity, NC and F4, and even their hookers. And kids are still lining up like it’s the coolest taco truck in town.

I’m a bit surprised too post after all this mess like you said. But, Mack can coach and recruit. Cole Swider really liked him. I think kids like playing for these tough-minded, aggressive style of coaches like Mack, formerly Pitino (say what you want), etc. Louisville as a city and the Yum can’t hurt either. Both really awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom