Class of 2019 - SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SF Precious Achiuwa (NJ/Montverde) to Memphis

Anyone else see some Wesley Johnson in his game but a little more explosive.

A little. Wes was much more polished. Precious is very raw. Needs to get stronger too. He's very thin. Shot mechanics are okay but he's not been a great shooter. He's really bad from the FT line too. Still, his coaches know that and he's a hard worker, so I expect his shooting to improve.

I just broke the news on Twitter: Precious' coach told me that Gerry and SU extended an offer this evening. Admins can update thread title.

Can't help but be happy about the change in recruiting approach, JB is very active on the trail and this guy looks like the perfect fit for the zone

Can't help but be happy about the change in recruiting approach, JB is very active on the trail and this guy looks like the perfect fit for the zone

His coach reiterated to me that he's a perfect fit for SU. There is mutual interest. I expect him to be among our top targets. Coach has a great relationship with Gerry and SU too.

I just broke the news on Twitter: Precious' coach told me that Gerry and SU extended an offer this evening. Admins can update thread title.
Ahhh I told you we'd hear of an offer over the next 24 hours I jus didn't think it would be within the first 2!

The timing is very interesting here,did JB figure out the biggest threats are no longer in play for him...I smell the FBI maybe has changed some dynamics here.

I don't think that was the case. I just think we are focusing more on 2019. His coach told me in February that he expected SU to get involved and that they were very impressed with Achiuwa.

Iommi, is Precious friends with Bourama? As you noted, the St. Ben's coach seems to really like GMAC, so I am hopeful on this kid.

Not sure. They are both African-born and do have that in common.

Not sure. They are both African-born and do have that in common.
Oh, did they not play together last year at St. Ben's? Figured that as well as their cultural backgrounds help us here.

Oh, did they not play together last year at St. Ben's? Figured that as well as their cultural backgrounds help us here.

Yes, they played together. I'm just not sure if they're close or not.

This is a great reel. Amazing highlights here, including some with Bourama (#35).

So this kid just started his junior year of HS? Wow. Must be eating his wheeties. He's scoring all over the place -- is it too early to think "stretch-4"? I Can't even imagine what he's going to look like in 2 more years.

Yep. Might wind up 6'11" and that's not Jon Rothstein hyperbole.
Looks like he already has a very solid frame to put muscle on too. Could end up being one of those athletic/physical freak players. If the skills develop, watch out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom