Class of 2018 - SG Antwann Jones (FL) Transfer from Memphis to Creighton | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Antwann Jones (FL) Transfer from Memphis to Creighton

Works for me. Was he 5 star previously?

Not sure.. I'm not to worried about stars.. while they look good on paper and attract other recruits and give us better rankings. Play is what matters.. dude has interest and has many other players of worthy offers (n.glover, m.devoe) at his school. Seal the deal now and build on our 18 class.

I may have mis-read something. Either way, top 50 kid that seemingly has a good connection with Griff at a position that we'll need help is nice.
I thought I saw it somewhere too.

ESPN has him ranked 17th and 5 stars. Jerry has him in the 70's and the other sites have him about 45. He has a wide range...
Thanks for doing the homework. Yeah, I think it is because he is not a transcendent athlete. He seems to be a good athlete, but he seems content to use his handle to get to the rim and lay it in, with either hand. And has a decent jump shot. He is a good size for the 2/3 and seems to have a pretty good basketball IQ. If they can get this done, it would be a great start to the class.

Do we have any shot at getting involved with Emmitt Williams?

Do we have any shot at getting involved with Emmitt Williams?
I doubt it, but maybe If we can land Jones he can at least get in Emmitt's ear about the Orange. I'm a big fan of his because he is from my area (actually went to my former school's rival). I most recently saw him in December and was blown away by how much he has improved. IMO he is a Jerami Grant clone with a higher offensive upside.

I doubt it, but maybe If we can land Jones he can at least get in Emmitt's ear about the Orange. I'm a big fan of his because he is from my area (actually went to my former school's rival). I most recently saw him in December and was blown away by how much he has improved. IMO he is a Jerami Grant clone with a higher offensive upside.
Yeah, just watching these videos, Williams is an amazing athlete.

The staff has to offer before he commits, what exactly is so promising with the outlook in the future that we can't offer a kid that has shown interest in us and evidently has a relationship with Griffin? The moment he tweeted out that whatever he did about Griff he should have had an offer, grades are the only thing I can think of but plenty of other offers have come in, his offer list is only going to grow as time goes on.

The staff has to offer before he commits, what exactly is so promising with the outlook in the future that we can't offer a kid that has shown interest in us and evidently has a relationship with Griffin? The moment he tweeted out that whatever he did about Griff he should have had an offer, grades are the only thing I can think of but plenty of other offers have come in, his offer list is only going to grow as time goes on.
I agree, offer this kid and go see him and lock him down. He is a big guard, with a college ready body. And, am I crazy to think that this kid could play pg? If we are trying cram FH into that role, surely this kid would be better at it. He has the handle and vision, in my opinion.

I agree, offer this kid and go see him and lock him down. He is a big guard, with a college ready body. And, am I crazy to think that this kid could play pg? If we are trying cram FH into that role, surely this kid would be better at it. He has the handle and vision, in my opinion.

I don't think it's ideal to come to that situation with a lot of good PGs on the market still but I do think this kid has the handle but IMO you're limiting his skill set with him having the ball consistently in his hands, he can really stroke it from the outside and seems to work pretty hard off ball. Does anyone know his connection to Griffin?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom