Class of 2018 - SG Antwann Jones (FL) Transfer from Memphis to Creighton | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 SG Antwann Jones (FL) Transfer from Memphis to Creighton

He's rated Top 50 by a recruiting site, not by coaches.

I'm sure he's very good but maybe, just maybe, the staff has players they like more at the position.

Maybe just maybe we will keep losing those players also...Sort of like our recruiting has been going. Then scrammble at the end for transfers and such.

He's rated Top 50 by a recruiting site, not by coaches.

I'm sure he's very good but maybe, just maybe, the staff has players they like more at the position.
I bet that is a split decision.

Twann didn't have the best weekend in ATL but still had some solid plays...

Give the offer Jimmy!

Why? What's the rush?

What if there are one or more other players at his position we like more?
Do we offer, but then say it's not actually committable, until we hear back from players A, B, & C first?

I know, a bird in the hand...
but sometimes, all that leaves you is with, is a hand full of bird sheet. :p

Said it before...why is his offer list lacking so much for such a highly rated kid? Somethings off
It also allows us to slow play this, if the staff has others that they would prefer in this class.

You guys are hilarious...everyone is on the recruiting board crying and moaning for a normal recruiting cycle with a recruit or wanting commits...We pretty much have one locked up right here on a borderline 5 star recruit...we aren't duke or UK..we don't have that luxury to wait on guys.

Yeah. Like Duarte...
Duarte had issues with academics that slowed people down. Also his shot selection left something to be desired and that is me being kind. I'm not sure the reason why Jones doesn't have offers from some other schools that are strong but I really like his game. Also he would be able to play the 2 as a big guard for us and even play the 3 if we had to in my opinion. That in my opinion makes him more valuable and gives us some flexibility.

Also this kid is a top 50 recruit who wants to play for us. I would love to grab him early if possible and then that would help us with the pitch for Carey and other PG.

Yeah. Like Duarte...
Yeah like an early committment from a top 50 kid will really hurt.

The kid isn't Duarte who was an obvious academics risk.

This kid has a connection with Allan Griffin and wants to play at Syracuse.

We have scholarships so use them. The commitment itself will be a spark for recruiting.

Duarte had issues with academics that slowed people down. Also his shot selection left something to be desired and that is me being kind. I'm not sure the reason why Jones doesn't have offers from some other schools that are strong but I really like his game. Also he would be able to play the 2 as a big guard for us and even play the 3 if we had to in my opinion. That in my opinion makes him more valuable and gives us some flexibility.
Usually when the offers aren't there it's usually something like academics.

Yeah like an early committment from a top 50 kid will really hurt.

The kid isn't Duarte who was an obvious academics risk.

This kid has a connection with Allan Griffin and wants to play at Syracuse.

We have scholarships so use them. The commitment itself will be a spark for recruiting.
You just want them to sign whomever. There is likely a very valid reason we have not offered (or really feigned any interest - at least publicly). And if you offer and he accepts that likely closes doors to others (and if he has a qual issue that's a double whammy). We are looking at other viable guys at that spot.

Ah, so he's Western Kentucky bound.
Maybe. But we've already got Hughes and Buddy (I'm already counting him at this point), in 2 spot potentially and they are looking at others.

You just want them to sign whomever. There is likely a very valid reason we have not offered (or really feigned any interest - at least publicly). And if you offer and he accepts that likely closes doors to others (and if he has a qual issue that's a double whammy). We are looking at other viable guys at that spot.
We have 4 scholarships. This kid is a consensus top 50 kid and big guard.

What players would we lose if he commits?

Maybe. But we've already got Hughes and Buddy (I'm already counting him at this point), in 2 spot potentially and they are looking at others.
Sorry AZ my post was tongue-in-cheek.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom