Class of 2019 - SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Brycen Goodine (MA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love Cuse's track record with getting recruits early in the process and then they blow up.

Just caught the second half of St. Andrews. Goodine hit 3 at end of half and another to start second half but all in all a mediocre second half. Great handle great first step good stroke and very athletic. Did not seem to have great competitive fire though like swider. Close game until Saints fell behind late. Down by 11 with 2:15 left the coach took swider and another starter out. Swider was upset and it looked like he said something as the coach (who is a hot head) screamed towards the end of the bench. Other starters soon came out too but then down 10 with little over minute to go he went to put all 5 back in. Odd. I think he realized he overreacted in taking them out. Goodine asked to not go back in apparently bc he was hurting from a hard fall he took on a drive a few minutes early. Little disappointing he did not show more but still like what I see. Swider looked great.

Last edited:
I thought this would be just another one of those clips where the upward angle of the camera just made it seem like he gets higher than he actually did, but wow, he really does get way up there. And it looks like he just floats up to the rim. Going to be fun to watch him in orange!

Amazing we got him to commit early, his offer list was about to explode . Kind of reminds me of Robinson on BC
Exactly ... the kind of kid that flies under the radar, finds his way onto a second-tier ACC roster (BC, Wake, etc..) and then GOES OFF on us, making everyone wonder why we didn't recruit him. Not this time!

[ADD: Don't think he'll stay under the radar once he hits the EYBL circuit though]

Last edited:
Like I said in another thread, I'm hoping Brycen's offer means we looking to run more again. Would love to get the Dome back to rocking regularly.

Back when Dion would take off for a dunk & the crowd would get excited with anticipation & then go nuts.

When J. Flynn would try to jam over dudes a foot taller then him.

We had an attitude. A lighthearted, fun aspect to our game. It's got a bit lost recently, IMO. (Tho G used to try to dunk everything...with mixed results haha.)

Really excited to see if Goodine helps us get back to that. Kid can fly. That left handed jam was a thing of beauty (& a joy forever! My man John Keats said that...)

Want SU to get back to being that "cool," fun team guys want to play for. Where 30k fans are brought to their feet multiple times per game with big plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.