Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

If he’s Cuse he’s Cuse it doesn’t matter if he’s in PA or Cali. Dior was still enrolled in a Cali school when he committed and every insider here has said we are in great shape with Chance. No reason to worry until there’s a reason to worry especially two years out.

Now back to my Blue Light and the 7th tee box.

I think this is great. It will make him better and he will get tons of exposure.

So Dior transfers to Oak Hill & then Westry transfers to the school Dior had been previously rumored to be heading too. I was selfishly hoping Westry would head to Oak Hill to play “SF” in a 3 guard lineup with Dior & Zion for 2 years before they all head to SU but at least we’ll get to see all 3 play against top comp on national TV quite a bit.

So Dior transfers to Oak Hill & then Westry transfers to the school Dior had been previously rumored to be heading too. I was selfishly hoping Westry would head to Oak Hill to play “SF” in a 3 guard lineup with Dior & Zion for 2 years before they all head to SU but at least we’ll get to see all 3 play against top comp on national TV quite a bit.
Spread them around so that every nationality televised high school game has a Syracuse commit. Meanwhile they can talk us up to the other players. Nothing bad here.

If he wants cuse, and his dad was trying to help him to pump the breaks; wouldn’t him going where his dad isn’t be a good thing?

Just my thinking...
Something about that perspective feels off. His dad didn't strike me as one of the "handler" kind of parents but rather just a dad trying to provide his son wise counsel. I don't think it's a good framing to suggest that a teenager being away from his dad so it benefits us as a good thing. People bang on dads because they are not around their son's and now we are banging dads for providing wise counsel and being around?

I think this is great. It will make him better and he will get tons of exposure.

What exposure? He's a Top 25 player in his class. You guys are acting like he's a 3 star.

What exposure? He's a Top 25 player in his class. You guys are acting like he's a 3 star.
I’m not acting like he is a 3 star. Can you name every kid in the top 40?

I’m not acting like he is a 3 star. Can you name every kid in the top 40?

This isn't 2001. With Overtime, Slam Hoops HS/Slam and Ball is Life having huge social media footprints, these kids are known. You guys are acting like he's a scrub who needs to expand his brand.

I mean he may still want to play against higher level comp than he would get playing at his high school in central PA.

Which is not a terrible thing.

This isn't 2001. With Overtime, Slam Hoops HS/Slam and Ball is Life having huge social media footprints, these kids are known. You guys are acting like he's a scrub who needs to expand his brand.
Who are “you guys”? I’m certainly not acting like he’s a scrub. But there is a big difference playing for a SC, IMG, Montverde or Oak Hill compared to where he was playing. Do you not see the difference?

Something about that perspective feels off. His dad didn't strike me as one of the "handler" kind of parents but rather just a dad trying to provide his son wise counsel. I don't think it's a good framing to suggest that a teenager being away from his dad so it benefits us as a good thing. People bang on dads because they are not around their son's and now we are banging dads for providing wise counsel and being around?

you read a lot into that my friend.

If he wants cuse, and his dad was trying to help him to pump the breaks; wouldn’t him going where his dad isn’t be a good thing?

Just my thinking...
He is a good hard working articulate young man. He is an academic.
His upbringing appears impressive.
Battle dad like.
This is a one time in a life experience for a recruit. You can’t blame the dad for wanting him to take it all in and learn some things from his journey.
I was quite impulsive at that age. Don’t want to make a bad decision.
I bet his dad is fine with him being Orange and I also believe he is absolutely ours when he declares.
Just gotta let it play out.

He is a good hard working articulate young man. He is an academic.
His upbringing appears impressive.
Battle dad like.
This is a one time in a life experience for a recruit. You can’t blame the dad for wanting him to take it all in and learn some things from his journey.
I was quite impulsive at that age. Don’t want to make a bad decision.
I bet his dad is fine with him being Orange and I also believe he is absolutely ours when he declares.
Just gotta let it play out.

I have kids getting near to the point of making college decisions. Everytime I hear them or one of their friends say I want to go to School X because that’s where Billy or Sally is going, as a parent I cringe. The decision is personal and should be made on so many factors the least of which is where a friend is going, or wants you to go.

Dad may be trying to hit the pause button for no other reason than he wants the decision to be about Chance, rather than Dior’s vision for his year at Cuse.

Doesn’t mean it can’t ultimately be Cuse, just that he thinks Chance needs to do the work and make sure Cuse is as right for Chance as Dior believes it is for Dior. And that is 100% good parenting on the part of pops.

Guess who has a lot of friends on SC and played in LA last year.

Dior Johnson
If this is the case and LA maintains the Dior-Chance (SU) connection, I may be reading the move incorrectly. Great to hear as Chance is my favorite to pair with Dior.