Class of 2022 - SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23) | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Chance Westry (PA / AZ Compass Prep) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/17/23)

At the very least, we can say that the dad isn't completely sold on Syracuse. At this point, he must be looking for something else. Otherwise, he would be fine with him son giving his verbal to a great school with a Hall of fame coach.

Or he wants his son to enjoy the recruitment process. You only get one of these. Once things are 50%+ open in the Fall, kids are going to be flown out to visit schools and be treated to all of the perks that come with it. Why rush a decision now especially if you have an idea of where you're going?

There's a reason someone's a silent verbal. He's (or someone influential in his circle) not 100%. I maintain we should take 1st come, 1st serve of any of the top guys. We've been burned waiting around for guys multiple times in the past. Bird in the hand.

There's a reason someone's a silent verbal. He's (or someone influential in his circle) not 100%. I maintain we should take 1st come, 1st serve of any of the top guys. We've been burned waiting around for guys multiple times in the past. Bird in the hand.
We’re recruiting Bird?
YES! Fantastic!

Or he wants his son to enjoy the recruitment process. You only get one of these. Once things are 50%+ open in the Fall, kids are going to be flown out to visit schools and be treated to all of the perks that come with it. Why rush a decision now especially if you have an idea of where you're going?
I don't have a problem with him doing that at all. My problem is if we just think well we have him and don't keep recruiting. If another guy wants to commit and he is good, I take him and wish Chance well.

I don't have a problem with him doing that at all. My problem is if we just think well we have him and don't keep recruiting. If another guy wants to commit and he is good, I take him and wish Chance well.

As do I. Whoever wants to be here, needs to make it known that they want to be here. The longer they wait, they're going to be in for a rude awakening.

We've all seen this movie before with the Quade Green and Andre Jackson fiascos. If this kid is still biding his time with the likes of Pay Pal Cal lurking, simply because his dad "wants him to explore his options", I'd start paying attention.

Last edited:
And it would appear we have learned our lesson from the quade came as evident by all the guards we’re heavily involved with in this class.

We've all seen this movie before with the Quade Green and Andre Jackson fiascos. If this kid is still biding his time with the likes of Pay Pal Cal lurking, simply because his dad "wants him to explore his options", I'd start paying attention.
are you paying attention to all the wings syracuse is offering? i bet you chance & his dad are.

Different families have different dynamics.
for sure and parents' opinions have weight
but i'm not worried about winning the dad sweepstakes

I guess we should have gave Quade a bag and Jackson’s brother a scholarship

are you paying attention to all the wings syracuse is offering? i bet you chance & his dad are.
Most definitely, which is why I'm glad we appear to have changed our recruiting methodology.
The all-eggs-in-one-basket scenario bit us in the ass before & I'm glad to see the apparent shift.
Also, my own personal preference would be Gayle over Westry, even with the Dior factor at play. JMHO

Most definitely, which is why I'm glad we appear to have changed our recruiting methodology.
The all-eggs-in-one-basket scenario bit us in the ass before & I'm glad to see the apparent shift.
Also, my own personal preference would be Gayle over Westry, even with the Dior factor at play. JMHO
there was never an "all eggs in one basket" strategy

Whoever says SU's other SG offers are some kind of insult to Westry and his Dad has the situation backwards. It's been a year since SU offered Chance. He's had every opportunity to commit. So the question is why can Westry and his Dad look around but not SU?

Last edited:
What was Quade?
a failed recruitment

reminder: syracuse offered trevon duval in that class, circled around others like isaiah washington, and kept howard washington on a string

a failed recruitment

reminder: syracuse offered trevon duval in that class, circled around others like isaiah washington, and kept howard washington on a string

We passed on a host of players ranked between Duval and Howard Washington. That was eggs in one basket followed by desperation plan C. It’s OK to have a nuanced take on this, every staff makes mistakes. Our recruiting has been mediocre for a few years and it’s great to see us back on the upswing.

it has never looked like a duck
Hey, you may have a better read on that situation then anyone else here. I only base my POV on what I read and heard from trusted posters on this board. Pray tell, what might I have missed on the Quade recruitment that would indicate that it wasn't an all eggs in one basket situation?

Anyway, sports fans, relax a bit. Westry is a 2022 guy. There are only 30 guys committed in the ESPN Top 100 in the class of 2021. That's the class a whole year before Westry!

You know how many guys are committed right now in the 2022 class from the ESPN Top 60?

Two! And we've got one of them!

So simmaaaahhhhhh daaaaawn naaaaaaah with whatever imaginary time table y'all are running off of.