Class of 2017 - SG Ethan Thompson (CA) to Oregon State | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG Ethan Thompson (CA) to Oregon State

Lots of fun to see clips of ET. Like having the blueprints and watching the building go up. Smooth inside, plenty of bounce ... this generation might add a dangerous outside shot!

I like the offer. I would love him to play for us but I too believe he will play for dad and older brother.

Well let's offer Stevie a spot on the staff and get Ethan to come with. My 2 cents.

... Then the NCAA will investigate and give us the death penalty because that's probably, and illogically, a violation of some sort.

I remember watching Stevie Thompson when I was just a freshman living in Day Hall. He was one of the most electrifying players I've ever seen wear orange. Absolutely loved his athleticism and talent. If Ethan doesn't become a Beaver, I sure would love for him to come here!

JAB once had an in home visit with Bryce Drew while he was in HS and his dad, Homer Drew, was the coach of Valparaiso. Bryce wound up playing for his dad, of course. That would make an awkward recruiting trip - having a competing school's coach sitting across the dining room table.

I think Francis noted this a few weeks ago, when he was playing in that AAU tourney on TV, that it would really, really hard to pry him away from dad and Oregon State.

This might be a weird question but is it against NCAA rules for Stevie to tell a reporter he hopes Ethan chooses Oregon State?

Ethan Thompson brings back the old visions of his father Steve

Well let's offer Stevie a spot on the staff and get Ethan to come with. My 2 cents.

... Then the NCAA will investigate and give us the death penalty because that's probably, and illogically, a violation of some sort.
It'll be fine, as long as the fraud doesn't pass through the athletic department.

signed,

UNC

Last edited:
Son of Stevie Thompson. Most likely will join pops and big bro at Oregon St. Can't have enough options though and who knows if Ethan would like to blaze his own path.:noidea:
I guess Dad isn't pointing to us as much as we hoped if Oregon State is the likely end point.

I would love to get this kid. He's a great shooter.

Last edited:
Wouldn't dad point to himself first?
It depends on what he feels is best for his son,not himself personally The kids come first in these kind of decisions. They were in my family but thats not the norm,I suppose.

Interesting live period note. Hopkins has been at all of ET's games so far at the Peach Jam. He must think that he has a legit shot to pull him away from the west coast and his old man over at Oregon St.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom