Class of 2023 - SG Jason Rivera (VA) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 SG Jason Rivera (VA)

His post says Bronx NY but his 247 profile says VA so I went with VA lol.

My guess 4 to 5 guys hit the portal and 3 graduate. Maybe Joe sticks around for a 5th year. We will need portal players. 5 to 7 my guess.
Don’t count on Joe. That’s why they appear interested in Rivera.

Don’t count on Joe. That’s why they appear interested in Rivera.
I can see replacing Joe with JJ Starling. To get a freshman three star to replace Joe is completely unacceptable and the reason why we have been so awful the last nine years. Are we trying to win or are we just trying to appease the average players already in the program?

Rather hit the portal than have a top 200 2023 kid lol
I could see his rankings climb. He's averaging about 15 points per game for the No. 1 team in the country, according to MaxPreps.

I can see replacing Joe with JJ Starling. To get a freshman three star to replace Joe is completely unacceptable and the reason why we have been so awful the last nine years. Are we trying to win or are we just trying to appease the average players already in the program?
Starling has been nothing but a driver this year. His perimeter shooting has been poor, as well as his foul shooting. Part of ND’s problem is they have no point guard, so don’t expect him to be able to replace Judah either.

My guess 4 to 5 guys hit the portal and 3 graduate. Maybe Joe sticks around for a 5th year. We will need portal players. 5 to 7 my guess.
LMAO at 4-5 guys hitting the portal. Of all years to transfer, this wouldn't be it. The playing time is up for grabs next year. Are they dropping down to a G6 program?

In the country?? I thought that was Montverde.
Yeah, MaxPreps has a top 25 for public high schools and prep teams that compete for state-affiliated titles. Then it has a top 10 for independent basketball academies and prep teams that don't compete for state-affiliated titles, like Montverde, Link, IMG, etc. In ESPN's top 25, which includes all teams, John Marshall was No. 11 last week, FYI.

2022-2023 Roster
Guards
Joe Girard (S) - graduates​
Judah Mintz - NBA/Pro/transfer​
Symir Torrance - graduates/stays/transfers​
Justin Taylor​
Quadir Copeland​
Forwards
Benny Williams - transfer​
Chris Bell - transfer​
Maliq Brown​
Jon Bol Ajak (S) - graduates/transfer​
Peter Carey​
Centers
Jesse Edwards (S) - graduates​
Mounir Hima​
I see at least two transfers and maybe 4 transfers. Judah and JBA, dependent on what they actually do, could be considered transfers. JBA has already put his name in the portal once before.​
Going to need a bigger class than one project center.​

2022-2023 Roster
Guards
Justin Taylor​
Quadir Copeland​
Forwards
Chris Bell - transfer​
Maliq Brown​
Peter Carey​
Centers
Mounir Hima​
I see at least two transfers and maybe 4 transfers. Judah and JBA, dependent on what they actually do, could be considered transfers. JBA has already put his name in the portal once before.​

Nah. The HS crootin' class (or lack thereof) is nearly irrelevant at this time.

The HC (whom I hope isn't JAB or a former asst) is gonna have to Pound The Portal.

And given that JAB has never really embraced doing that, I'm not sure how anybody who wants him to remain, thinks we're gonna get this turned around under his watch.

2022-2023 Roster
Guards
Justin Taylor​
Quadir Copeland​
Forwards
Chris Bell - transfer​
Maliq Brown​
Peter Carey​
Centers
Mounir Hima​
Where did the talk of Judah transferring even come from

2022-2023 Roster
Guards
Justin Taylor​
Quadir Copeland​
Forwards
Chris Bell - transfer​
Maliq Brown​
Peter Carey​
Centers
Mounir Hima​
While I agree Quadir is a guard, all of his minutes I think have come at forward.

I really don't want to see Bell transfer. Maybe there's stuff behind the scenes, but it seemed like he responded well to coaching. And we put a lot of starts and minutes into the guy. To potentially flush that all now is just... not good.

I've been a Bell apologist in part because I've accepted growing pains for later greater returns. If those returns come off the table, woof.

Where did the talk of Judah transferring even come from
board source. If I were to guess, I'd say it's probably the least likely outcome of NBA/Pro, staying, or transfer.
I've been a Bell apologist in part because I've accepted growing pains for later greater returns. If those returns come off the table, woof.
Which I understand, but that DNP against Pitt is indicative of something else. The kid didn't even take his warmups off in the first half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom