Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Hard to believe it’s been 20 years since Melo and Bron were young pups on Team USA. What a legacy these guys have left!

Before the 4th quarter started yesterday, I said to myself “so who’s going to be our Kobe today?” thinking back to USA/Spain in ‘08. Turns out they all went a little Kobe and just locked in on winning. Tomorrow is going to be insane with a home crowd for France and a rejuvenated USA squad. All you need is one scare. Embiid should have some fun. He’ll be booed the whole game, and more than he had already.

Hard to believe it’s been 20 years since Melo and Bron were young pups on Team USA. What a legacy these guys have left!

Before the 4th quarter started yesterday, I said to myself “so who’s going to be our Kobe today?” thinking back to USA/Spain in ‘08. Turns out they all went a little Kobe and just locked in on winning. Tomorrow is going to be insane with a home crowd for France and a rejuvenated USA squad. All you need is one scare. Embiid should have some fun. He’ll be booed the whole game, and more than he had already.
In case people don’t know. I didn’t….

I knew he was given the option of representing France, but I still don't understand how he had that option.
I think it’s because he was born in Cameroon not moving to the US till he was a teenager. Cameroon used to be considered part of France till 1960, before he was born. I imagine through his parents and because he was born in Cameroon, the French figured they had dibs on him for sports. The French claim that Embiid asked to be a citizen wanting to play for France. The other side of the story claims France recruited him, made him a citizen and just expected him to play for them. Who knows?

Outside of a few countries like China, it seems like most of the non-US medalists live and train in the US and have US coaches. It seems like a rare situation for a guy like Embiid to actually compete for the USA.

But, how did he qualify to be a French citizen? Born in Camaroon, living in the US for most of his life. Did he reside in France for any extended period?

It was of “exceptional interest” to France to grant him citizenship in 2022. That alone is the criteria, and the rest is speculation (e.g., handshake agreement with Diaw).

Kiyan has to get a little lower when he gets the ball. He’s playing too straight up. He doesn’t get low until he starts to dribble. He’ll get bodied up. He’s not always shot ready. He needs more strength too. He’s very skilled and continues to get better, but his trainers are allowing some bad habits to develop.

Kiyan has to get a little lower when he gets the ball. He’s playing too straight up. He doesn’t get low until he starts to dribble. He’ll get bodied up. He’s not always shot ready. He needs more strength too. He’s very skilled and continues to get better, but his trainers are allowing some bad habits to develop.
NAH

IMG_1248.jpeg