Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

So you think their evaluators, the same ones you extol about raising White’s ratings, somehow then know less about Jackson that posters here? Ok, sure, have it both ways.
There's always players every year that are confusing in the rankings. Benny Williams, for starters. Sure, he had some serious athleticism, but at no point in high school did he ever look like a 5 star. Then you had guys like Brandon Triche who you could tell were ballers and had a great build for college, but he was a low 3 star. They ain't perfect.

So you think their evaluators, the same ones you extol about raising White’s ratings, somehow then know less about Jackson that posters here? Ok, sure, have it both ways.

Well if you wish to find my praise about White’s evaluators good luck finding something you made up. You seem to be an expert though so if you could find the recent footage and stats that make the case for Jackson to be rated as highly as he is then by all means please enlighten us.

For the most part the word crap shoot comes to mind. Flameouts are not rare and players who exceed all expectations are not rare either. Would you rather have Bronny or Kiyan? Both have thoroughbred bloodlines. GMAC and Moten did OK, so did Sherm none of those players had the hype of Bronny or Kiyan. That said I hope he is Orange and soon so I can have some semblance of sanity.

For the most part the word crap shoot comes to mind. Flameouts are not rare and players who exceed all expectations are not rare either. Would you rather have Bronny or Kiyan? Both have thoroughbred bloodlines. GMAC and Moten did OK, so did Sherm none of those players had the hype of Bronny or Kiyan. That said I hope he is Orange and soon so I can have some semblance of sanity.
You can’t compare pre-social media era hype with now. Pearl was #1 recruit: he got an Al McGuire interview. Billy O and Morning got a SI cover.
Now kids have their own You Tube channels

Tired Pbs Nature GIF by Nature on PBS

Well if you wish to find my praise about White’s evaluators good luck finding something you made up. You seem to be an expert though so if you could find the recent footage and stats that make the case for Jackson to be rated as highly as he is then by all means please enlighten us.
I don’t pretend to know more than the evaluators at ESPN, unlike you. I just assume if they accurately evaluate White, they probably are as accurate with Jackson.

I don’t pretend to know more than the evaluators at ESPN, unlike you. I just assume if they accurately evaluate White, they probably are as accurate with Jackson.

Pure projection- you don’t know a thing about me but like to make claims you do. Ignore time

Jackson shot 31% in the EYBL and averaged 2 assists per game. He shot 39% in OTE. He’s a developmental player at best. That’s why there’s zero buzz surrounding his recruitment.

Funny how the stats draw out the crickets ;)

Jackson shot 31% in the EYBL and averaged 2 assists per game. He shot 39% in OTE. He’s a developmental player at best. That’s why there’s zero buzz surrounding his recruitment.

Not sure where this is coming from, but I don’t think it’s correct. In EYBL, Jackson shot 42% overall between session play and PIT. 11.8 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 2.3 APG, 2.1 TO and 1.0 SPG. He shot around 39% in OTE, but finished the season shooting nearer 44% in the playoffs. If you pull his worst game of the season out, which was an 0-5, that 39% jumps to just shy of 43% across all competitions. At OTE, he averaged 5.3 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.9 TO and 0.7 SPG.

Ask me what Kiyan shot in EYBL session play (he was much better in PIT).

Not sure where this is coming from, but I don’t think it’s correct. In EYBL, Jackson shot 42% overall between session play and PIT. 11.8 PPG, 2.9 RPG, 2.3 APG, 2.1 TO and 1.0 SPG. He shot around 39% in OTE, but finished the season shooting nearer 44% in the playoffs. If you pull his worst game of the season out, which was an 0-5, that 39% jumps to just shy of 43% across all competitions. At OTE, he averaged 5.3 PPG, 2.8 RPG, 3.0 APG, 1.9 TO and 0.7 SPG.
Even so the assist to TO for a pg arent great and either is the efficiency.