Class of 2025 - SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 SG Kiyan Anthony (NY) Offered

Would love to see your form..
My form is much better than his, that’s not saying much (though I will say I have a great shot). It’s not a knock on the kid that his form is bad, he shoots it from the hip like kids you see much much younger than him, if he wants to play at the next level and score from the perimeter he needs to clean that shot up immediately.

Don't mess with what works ... If he is making buckets, let him make them how he makes them
That’s not how it works, it’s a severe liability and will lead to a lot of blocked shots, misdirected shots and turnovers. A lot of baseball pitches are great coming into being a professional but organizations will change their delivery. Heck they changed Bryce Harper’s swing after he was drafted.

I'm not sure what your form has to do with Kiyan's. That was a weird statement by another poster. But, I agree with you and with what Cuse_NYC said about it being a youthful form. It will be interesting to see how he develops over the next couple of years.

Was trying to make a point..he’s a grown man judging a kids shooting form. That’s weird

Was trying to make a point..he’s a grown man judging a kids shooting form. That’s weird
This forum is all about judging the form and potential of kids. And it's not our fault that we've grown up!

This forum is all about judging the form and potential of kids. And it's not our fault that we've grown up!
16-18 year olds. Yes. Of course a 13-14 yo isn’t going to have perfect form. I’ll stop now. Only reason I said is because I’m sure his form isn’t great. I was hoping a 3 point challenge would be thrown my way..

Interesting tape. Looks like they are presenting him as a PG here.

Kiyan makes a lot of veteran type plays. Has an understanding of the game far beyond his years.

Carmelo grew 4 inches the summer before his junior year. Was suddenly 6’5 and grow another 3 inches before he his senior season ended.

Is Kiyan going to stay 6’3 or grow another 7 inches late Iike his dad? I suspect the latter. Going to be an interesting next few years.

When did Dion Waiters commit his sophomore year? Is Kiyan in range?

July 11 after his freshman year even though he didn’t play school ball his freshman year.

Interesting tape. Looks like they are presenting him as a PG here.

Kiyan makes a lot of veteran type plays. Has an understanding of the game far beyond his years.

Carmelo grew 4 inches the summer before his junior year. Was suddenly 6’5 and grow another 3 inches before he his senior season ended.

Is Kiyan going to stay 6’3 or grow another 7 inches late Iike his dad? I suspect the latter. Going to be an interesting next few years.

Definitely interesting to watch. Having his Dad work with him so much is a big advantage. His game is very organized and not forced. Footwork is on point big time including the ability to create space which Melo has always been a master at.

Jumper continues to look better with a better release point. Also it's extremely fluid in most recent clips. Passing is also solid with good vision. Pretty good player at 6-3. Not flashy at all but effective. If that growth spurt happens look out.

Definitely interesting to watch. Having his Dad work with him so much is a big advantage. His game is very organized and not forced. Footwork is on point big time including the ability to create space which Melo has always been a master at.

Jumper continues to look better with a better release point. Also it's extremely fluid in most recent clips. Passing is also solid with good vision. Pretty good player at 6-3. Not flashy at all but effective. If that growth spurt happens look out.
Even if it doesn’t, he will be 3 years older/better by the time he hits college (hopefully).

Kiyan, follow your Dad to Cuse Hoops and …​

A7DAE605-26D8-4EC6-8A50-D134034733E7.jpeg