Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malachi’s a millionaire right? Or close to it?

I'm very sorry to offend your sensibilities. I promise I won't remind you in a couple of years when Powell completes the trifecta and has a better pro career along with an already better high school and college career. But then again I told you that four years ago.
Your obsession with this guy is kind of funny. Why aren't you on the Seton Hall message board singing his praises, I'm sure they will be more appreciative of it.

Malachi’s a millionaire right? Or close to it?
1552316904004.png

I don't have to get over anything. MR played one good half and parlayed it into a first round draft pick. Good for him but he's out of the league and never belonged there in the first place. But good to see you know that Powell will not play in the NBA when you probably didn't even know what team he played for this season. The kid was a unanimous first team BE all star and is one of the best guards in the country.
I know it’s stupid of me to chime in here, but if Malachi was good enough in the ACC to be drafted in the first round as a freshman, do you actually think he wouldn’t have been an All-American by his JR or SR year? You’re saying that a kid in his senior year in the BE is a better player because he’s on the All-Conference team, while Richardson has been making money in the NBA? That seems like one of the silliest arguments I’ve heard in a long long time.

Whats your point though? Maybe start there instead of patting yourself on the back about a player you thought would be good. Are you arguing we should have recruited powell instead of malachi? Thats questionable since malachi started on a ff team and his insane half in the elite 8 helped get us there. Plus, looking at that in hindsight is a bit silly anyways.

Fair points, for sure.

I usually would not be inclined to bring something up like that but a little context is in order. I brought it up because at the time I said that Powell was the better player. I live 15-20 min from TCA, watched them both play a lot and more importantly know people very close to the TCA program. They said Powell was the better player, too. Yet when I tried to convey that info I got all sorts of grief and dismissive comments. Just thought it was topical in light of Powell's impressive performance this year.

I know it’s stupid of me to chime in here, but if Malachi was good enough in the ACC to be drafted in the first round as a freshman, do you actually think he wouldn’t have been an All-American by his JR or SR year? You’re saying that a kid in his senior year in the BE is a better player because he’s on the All-Conference team, while Richardson has been making money in the NBA? That seems like one of the silliest arguments I’ve heard in a long long time.

First off Powell is a junior. He's having a lights out year and no I don't think Richardson would be first team in the ACC. Just my opinion. Btw it's not stupid of you to chime in, it's an opinion board.

First off Powell is a junior. He's having a lights out year and no I don't think Richardson would be first team in the ACC. Just my opinion. Btw it's not stupid of you to chime in, it's an opinion board.
Well if we look at just their freshman years side by side:
Malachi: 13.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.1 spg
Powell: 10.7 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.9 apg, 0.9 spg

The only stats that Powell is better in is FT% and 2p%. Malachi had a higher 3p% on same attempts per game, and that was with his horrendous start to the season in OOC. Pretty sure he was well over 40% in ACC play.

I respect that you like Powell, but nothing there proves that Malachi wouldn’t have had a better career in the ACC than Powell has had in the BE.

This is also the ACC vs the big east

Well if we look at just their freshman years side by side:
Malachi: 13.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.1 spg
Powell: 10.7 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.9 apg, 0.9 spg

The only stats that Powell is better in is FT% and 2p%. Malachi had a higher 3p% on same attempts per game, and that was with his horrendous start to the season in OOC. Pretty sure he was well over 40% in ACC play.

I respect that you like Powell, but nothing there proves that Malachi wouldn’t have had a better career in the ACC than Powell has had in the BE.

Fair enough. Powell came off the bench his freshman year but obviously his #s have taken off since then. 2 pt shooting and FT% have remained very solid and I don't think MR could have gotten up to those levels. I see them as being close in terms of three point shooting (Powell was near 38% last year) but one stat that wouldn't show up, and this was the case in HS, Powell is better at creating his own shot.

Not trying to knock MR as he was very instrumental in our advancing to the F4. Personally just thought he was overhyped in HS and that Powell was the better player. JMO

Malachi has made $4.5M.

Anything Powell made is an NCAA infraction.

So...

I'm talking beyond the $4.5 mil that Otto referenced above.

His money and future earnings are none of your concern. What are you, the seton hall kid's father? Who cares? Maybe he will end up with a better overall career. But maybe he won't. Christ let it go man

His money and future earnings are none of your concern. What are you, the seton hall kid's father? Who cares? Maybe he will end up with a better overall career. But maybe he won't. Christ let it go man

Tell that to the posters that mentioned his earnings.

Yeah, that clause to NBA employment that once you're out you never make another dollar in your life is a real killer

Kinda like that clause that when you're a junior in college you're not going to make anything either, right?

Let's say he saved a million. Going to Europe and playing for 200K is a pretty good gig. I say 200K because that is what was reported when Triche last signed there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom