Class of 2019 - SG Niven Glover (FL) to Fresno St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG Niven Glover (FL) to Fresno St

Chalupa_24

Starter

Niven Glover- 6'5 SG oak ridge high school, Florida with Michael Devoe

Ranked 4 star on 247, 7th SG in nation, 8th player in Florida and 58th player in the nation.

You seem to know a lot about all these Florida players. Are you a coach down in that area? If so you need to reach out to the staff and get their thoughts on these players.

You seem to know a lot about all these Florida players. Are you a coach down in that area? If so you need to reach out to the staff and get their thoughts on these players.

Nope. Just a 21 year old kid that like Syracuse and goes and watches high school basketball and just trying to get Florida kids away from fsu and duke. To much talent down here going unknown, except IMG but we don't consider those kids from Florida.

Nope. Just a 21 year old kid that like Syracuse and goes and watches high school basketball and just trying to get Florida kids away from fsu and duke. To much talent down here going unknown, except IMG but we don't consider those kids from Florida.
I lived down there for a couple of years in the late 90's. I played at the Golden Triangle YMCA a ton. I couldn't believe how many great athletes there were in that area. Problem was, I don't think they were getting good coaching, because they were great athletes playing basketball, not basketball players, if you get what I mean. If the coaching has improved, I could see that being a great place to recruit. The other problem, was the educational system, at least at that time, was horrendous. Local radio stations would have drives every year to get everything from pencils and paper to toilet paper and cleaning supplies. I could see many kids from that area having a hard time getting qualified.

I lived down there for a couple of years in the late 90's. I played at the Golden Triangle YMCA a ton. I couldn't believe how many great athletes there were in that area. Problem was, I don't think they were getting good coaching, because they were great athletes playing basketball, not basketball players, if you get what I mean. If the coaching has improved, I could see that being a great place to recruit. The other problem, was the educational system, at least at that time, was horrendous. Local radio stations would have drives every year to get everything from pencils and paper to toilet paper and cleaning supplies. I could see many kids from that area having a hard time getting qualified.

No we aren't that bad now. And our sports have drastically got better. Our baseball team has gone to the final 4 before losing to a school that recruits. Football team goes to at least the 3rd round of playoffs just about every year before losing to a school that recruits. Both our girls and boys teams go to playoffs every year. Except this year we had a mental breakdown, gave up a turnover and they heaved a sideways 3 from the corner to win by 1 and knocked us out. Cuse could come down here and recruit any sport and get better tbh. Off topic question why does everything I post gotta be approved?

No we aren't that bad now. And our sports have drastically got better. Our baseball team has gone to the final 4 before losing to a school that recruits. Football team goes to at least the 3rd round of playoffs just about every year before losing to a school that recruits. Both our girls and boys teams go to playoffs every year. Except this year we had a mental breakdown, gave up a turnover and they heaved a sideways 3 from the corner to win by 1 and knocked us out. Cuse could come down here and recruit any sport and get better tbh. Off topic question why does everything I post gotta be approved?
Approved? Not sure. What school are you talking about, South Sumter?

Approved? Not sure. What school are you talking about, South Sumter?

Yes usually when I say we I mean south sumter. That's the last school I went to out of the 3 schools for high school. Like I said before we still got 2 2019 kids at 6'5 and 6'6 and then a 6'3-6'4 2020 kid that just don't get seen cause where we are at. AAU is the only way they get seen

I lived in Land O Lakes for 6 years before I moved back to Syracuse in 2015

This kid looks NICE! So explosive. From the first clip it looks like he can do a little of everything. Hope we can get in on him.