Class of 2022 - SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch) | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG Roddy Gayle (NY / Wasatch)

I know he's good buddies with chance. I'd love this pick up if we go for it. He's has a bigger build and plays tough. Older/stronger kid that can do a little bit of everything. Still need a pg and maybe another 4 type but that would be pretty solid of Red and staff imo.

This guy isn’t a point guard. How many 2’s and combos do we need?
I saw him in spfd a couple of years ago. He played in high school with Bell. Liked him more than I liked Bell. That was for sure. Having said that, pass for me. Not that good of a shooter and the most need and the best use of our resources would be a pt guard as well know.

Surprised as the new HC was the one who recruited him to OSU -

I'd like to have him. If Westry isn't fit again this year, he could fill in the gap.

Right now, we only have 1 who played for us last year.
I see Cuffe more as a backup PG than a SG.
I agree, we still need a "true" PG, along with a couple forwards.

All of 'em.
1712179337289.jpeg

I would think he wants to be a starter and there’s no room for that unless he becomes a true PG overnight…

I see it as a competition, and if Red is selling this right, then he should be telling guys, "We need 8 or 9 guys who can play multiple positions. We can give them all 20-25 minutes a game. Whoever plays best are the closers."

I see it as a competition, and if Red is selling this right, then he should be telling guys, "We need 8 or 9 guys who can play multiple positions. We can give them all 20-25 minutes a game. Whoever plays best are the closers."

In an NIL less world sure. Today though…

It was Gerry that was recruiting him but still. I would love Gayle on this roster
Yes but he's not here to whiff on him this time, so he should be ours. Am I hating GMac properly? (I loved him as a coach and player).

Mintz gone and JJ testing waters (I think he comes back but u never know?) Cuffe is meh and Chance could be special but we all know that's a big IF. Let's not act like we are fully loaded at the guard spot. Even if JJ comes back they can share minutes. Plenty of versatility and minutes available...idk what Roddy is looking for but I don't hate the idea of him being in our roster. He makes us better. We absolutely have to get a PG and idk what kind of money we have to play with here or what these kids are getting paid so who knows. I do agree though, PG needs to be priority #1, 2 and 3.

*I keep forgetting about Moore. Idk if it makes sense for Roddy or our team make up but I wouldn't be mad to see us involved and would also understand if we don't get involved.*

I saw him in spfd a couple of years ago. He played in high school with Bell. Liked him more than I liked Bell. That was for sure. Having said that, pass for me. Not that good of a shooter and the most need and the best use of our resources would be a pt guard as well know.
Agree. Where’s he going to play? He’s not starting, so why would he come here?

If JJ decided not to come back, we need a flat out great shooter. Gayle and Chance are not that. There’s so many shooters in the portal that we should be contacting if JJ is not coming back. I watched Gayle a few times and he was ok. He made some wild plays that made my hair stand up and not for the good.

seems to be a logjam at the shooting guard spot - JJ, Moore, Cuffe, ...and Gayle??

for me, Gayle makes the team better and is probably the best of the bunch just based on stats and age...

maybe Moore isnt ready for big minutes right away?

Maybe Cuffe is the end of the bench guy again?

I like Cuffe...but I think there's space on the roster to upgrade the guards

if you had: JJ, Gayle, Moore and a PG (with Cuffe as the 5th guard)...that could work, no?

PS

what position is Chance going to play? SF? PG? SG?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom