Class of 2020 - SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 SG/SF Alan Griffin (NY / Illinois) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not trying to provoke at all. I made one comment, and they all came at me like a pack of lions. I defended each post with grace and am simply stating what I and many other Cuse fans saw and discussed all season. Constructive criticism is good, it makes players better. I didn't realize there were so many people who don't like constructive criticism. The proof was in the results. We were not good for a reason. I will just leave it at that and cease all discussion of BB & JG, because it really is beating a dead horse.
There are obvious flaws in your logic, and I suspect you know it. Then again your definition of posting with "grace" differs from mine.

There are obvious flaws in your logic, and I suspect you know it. Then again your definition of posting with "grace" differs from mine.
Flaws in my logic, and I know it? Now you are calling me a liar and attempting to insult me?

FYI, I made a comment initially that had nothing to do with BB or JG, nor did I even mention those 2, and a poster put words into my mouth that were never said. I simply defended my post and added in my thoughts on BB & JG, since I was apparently being dragged into something. 3 or so more posters became extremely defensive, must be all of the criticism throughout the year not sure, so I responded to each one.

I'm not sure how that leads to me having flaws in my logic and knowing it?

Last edited:
Flaws in my logic, and I know it? Now you are calling me a liar and attempting to insult me?

FYI, I made a comment initially that had nothing to do with BB or JG, nor did I even mention those 2, and a poster put words into my mouth that were never said. I simply defended my post and added in my thoughts on BB & JG, since I was apparently being dragged into something. 3 or so more posters became extremely defensive, must be all of the criticism throughout the year not sure, so I responded to each one.

I'm not sure how that leads to me having flaws in my logic and knowing it? Enlighten lol.
Consider posting less.

JG3
Buddy
Griffin
Marek
Quincy
Sidibe
Tape

All 7 of those guys could start and nobody would complain. We essentially have 7 starters (assuming Tape comes here). That’s a good problem to have and something we took for granted from 2008-2013(ish). Don’t think this is a top 5 squad which might be obvious but I certainly think of everyone makes some progress this off season with the additions this off season we are certainly top 15/20.

Nobody? Have we met? :)

As a sophomore, Griffin came off the bench but still performed at a high level. The 6-foot-5 wing averaged 8.9 points and 4.5 rebounds per game in just 18 minutes while shooting 41.6% from three point range. If you project his numbers out to the same minutes that Hughes played this past season, they would be 18.0 points and 9.1 rebounds per game.
that's insane

How did this go from Girard being handed the keys at pg to everyone hating coach, because Buddy was by far the most productive 2g on the roster? First off, do not put words in my mouth...you are acting like a UNC fan. Secondly, Goodine was not awful... he never even played enough for anyone to make that kind of assessment. 1-3 mins a game is not by any means a way to evaluate player production. If you think that, then you are uneducated. 3rd, since you bring up Buddy, he was not by far the most productive 2g on the roster, that would be Mr. Elijah Hughes, who was an undersized sf and whose natural position is sg, which is exactly where he will be playing in the NBA. Buddy, as was Girard, were handed over the keys to spots they did not deserve. That's a fact, and that is why we were so bad this year. Stats on his defense reflect that...he was at the bottom of d1 and acc in all defensive categories. Buddy is a nice role player, but he's 1 dimensional and will never play in the NBA.
Carey was handed keys, and wrecked the car.
Joe was left to drive it home.

If someone is able to make an assessment on someone playing 1-3 mins a game, then yes, they are uneducated on player evaluation, because 1-3 mins is not how you assess overall player production. Also, what I stated is not my opinion, the facts prove that Buddy was the lowest rated defensive player on the team, in most of the acc and in the nation in some categories.

You were saying that it is a fact that Buddy, and JG were handed the keys to spots they didn’t deserve to have. That’s easily the dumbest thing I have ever seen uttered on this board. Then you follow it up with gems like Joe, and Buddy wouldn’t start on any other D1 team. JB wouldn’t play Jordan over Buddy. Buddy is the worst defender in D1. Yet, you claim you haven’t said BG is better than Buddy. Hell, in the same post saying you never said that, you go on to say some players are just better than others, athletically, their basketball IQ, blah blah, implying BG is that player. So yeah, good luck getting anyone to believe that one. You don’t have to say it for us to clearly see how you feel on that, and how biased you are in this debate, since you seemingly have some fan girl crush on Goodine with the Twitter creeping.

No one is making a judgement based on 1-3 minutes a game. Your hyperbole, and exaggerations are even too ridiculous for a fan forum. We saw Brycen play for extended periods of time against the weakest opponents on our schedule. When Carey went down, he had just as much of a shot as JG to earn more time. He did absolutely nothing to show that he deserved to play over either JG, or Buddy. JG wasn’t handed a damn thing. Goodine’s best performance was 6 whole points against Bucknell in 20 minutes of action. You say shooting isn’t everything, which is all well, and good, but BG started the year 0-12 from deep. But, that wasn’t a fair shake, and JB should have kept throwing him out there to do zilch. While Buddy was having 20 point games all season long, and only had single digit scoring in 4 games, all against P5 schools. Not goose eggs against the sister’s of the poor. You might wanna look in the mirror before you go around calling people uneducated, and saying they’re wearing orange colored glasses. I don’t know what you call Goodine worshipping glasses, but they clearly muddled the truth worse than any homer glasses ever have. Unreal stuff.

That’s enough off topic posts from me for a while, especially on this ridiculous topic, having to actually argue that Buddy deserved his minutes. Those 10 people on the panel that voted him Most Improved Player must be pretty damn uneducated. Granted, some of them are coaches, so who knows if they know anything about assessing talent. Maybe you can give them some of that constructive criticism that’s so helpful from fans on the internet.

This is an Alan Griffin thread, please take all discussions of our coaching staff &/or former players to the main board.

I tend to agree, and I’m sure it will be addressed, but he did say since Griffin is committed now that everything is fair game.

At least I thought he did, but now I can’t find it within all this damn nonsense.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Btw don’t think that sending us Griffin and Ryan Blackwell makes up for 1989 ;-)
I don't. Plus, they bought Marcus Liberty out from under us.

Status
Not open for further replies.