Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that applies to everything. Got in trouble once for complimenting the quiche that someone bought to a dinner party. Me & my dumb self thought I was just answering a question. Apparently I was also passing commentary on my wife’s culinary skills at the same time. Who knew!? Honestly...total honesty sucks!
When in trouble, go to the PIVOT. :cool:

If on June 11 there’s not a commitment I have a feeling we’re going to hear from a certain someone...
source.gif

DONT LET HIM LEAVE
tenor.gif

-CR

The lack of mutual interest between he and UVA seems weird. Don't get it at all.

Yeah it is. Only thing I could think is that he has been clear with them he is looking to go out of state.

UVA does or had someone else higher on their list.

They have a combo guard signed for 2022, but Taylor would seem like a no brainer.

Could be like the situation with Starling and us though, but Starling really isn’t being recruited by other ACC schools(yet).

They have a combo guard signed for 2022, but Taylor would seem like a no brainer.

Could be like the situation with Starling and us though, but Starling really isn’t being recruited by other ACC schools(yet).
Yeah I think Isaac McKneely was their number 1 target for SG/SF for 2022. I know UVA offered Taylor later on and then like 4-6 weeks later they got McKneely.

Yeah I think Isaac McKneely was their number 1 target for SG/SF for 2022. I know UVA offered Taylor later on and then like 4-6 weeks later they got McKneely.
In addition, Virginia has New Zealander Taine Murray arriving this summer. He's another 6'5" guard with good athleticism and outstanding range. While it means nothing, 24/7 gives both McKneely and Murray higher ratings than Taylor. Recruiting is always something of a crapshoot, so who's to tell who will be more productive, but a program can only take so many players with such similar profiles. Right now, there are Armaan Franklin and Carson McCorkle already on the roster. Murray arrives this summer, and McKneely will be added next year. With a healthy Stattmann's likely return, that perimeter postion at Virginia might seem a bit crowded to a potential 2022 recruit. Also, I suspect the staff's attention, for the moment, is focused on potential front court recruitts/transfers.

I’m cool with

PG-JJ or Copeland (confident we get one)
SG-Taylor (ours to lose right now) or Westry (will be tougher to get)
SF-Lands (already committed)
PF-Flip (think we have a very good shot)
C-Donovan (think it’s gonna come down to Cuse, UConn and Michigan)

we are still in it with Brown but I think we would rather take Flip. I don’t think Ty Rodgers leaves the Midwest or Michigan.

Ultimately as of right now, like I always say recruiting is very fluid.
But I think we end up with a class of JJ or Copeland (I could see either coming here but not sure if we take both), Taylor, Lands and Flip

I’m cool with

we are still in it with Brown but I think we would rather take Flip. I don’t think Ty Rodgers leaves the Midwest or Michigan.

But I think we end up with a class of JJ or Copeland (I could see either coming here but not sure if we take both), Taylor, Lands and Flip
I see JJ, Taylor, Lands, K.Flip, M. Flip

JJ is local and can get ealy playing time in our guard oriented offense; Taylor can be sold on playing Buddy’s role and can see his overall development in our program; K.Flip is a Lydon clone and NY native; M.Flip is a Forth clone and could be a great screen and role player for us

Last edited:
I see JJ, Taylor, Lands, R.Flip, M. Flip

JJ is local and can get ealy playing time in our guard oriented offense; Taylor can be sold on playing Buddy’s role and can see his overall development in our program; R.Flip is a Lydon clone and NY native; M.Flip is a Forth clone and could be a great screen and role player for us
I’d be more than fine with this class. M. Flip or Donovan and center would be great in my opinion. 2 big bodied centers we haven’t had in forever. Then you add JJ who can get in the lane and score or kick it out to shooters like Taylor and Lands. Who aren’t just shooters and are good athletes themselves. Kyle Flip is a dawggg, he’s got a swagger and demeanor that I love. He can play inside or out, pick and pop which I love out of a 4 man. He’ll play a role similar to Lydon. Not to mention this class on top of Benny, Symir and Swider would bring size back that we haven’t had in a bit. As well as athleticism that we have been lacking. Benny, Lands, JJ are all terrific athletes. Kyle Flip, Symir, Taylor are all very good athletes, things we have been lacking. I would like this 2 year haul and gets us back to competing at the top of the ACC

I’m cool with

If this happens im ready to name Gmac the next head coach:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom