Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor’s 2nd game just ended. Got more than a few buckets inside and making one-on-one moves for midrange jumpers. I think he only made one three the entire game and he stopped taking them, just kept going to the basket. He actually looked really good as the game went on. He seems a lot further along than Buddy did with things besides shooting, has some really nice moves getting space for his shot in the paint.

These aren’t just the local kids, the teams here have a lot of good players. DeMatha has top 100 shooting guard Rodney Rice. Besides Taylor, the other good players on his team are a 6’9 sophomore and a sophomore guard, plus freshman Chance Mallory. The kid is super quick, can jump through the roof, and handles the ball really well. He’s 64” tall with about a big vertical. If he grows to about six feet he’ll probably be a big time recruit.

Justin had 26 this game.

I agree…Not a deal breaker by any means. If anything I don’t want any other blue bloods to offer.
Yeah it’s AAU so really it doesn’t matter at all, but at the college level I feel like the player should probably be subbed out if they are gunning that much and shooting that horribly

Yeah it’s AAU so really it doesn’t matter at all, but at the college level I feel like the player should probably be subbed out if they are gunning that much and shooting that horribly
like buddy:)

If someone shoots it 26 times that means the coaches and teammates truly believe in his ability. Love this approach
Unless you are fans of Syracuse, then certain guys are only being allowed to shoot out of slumps because they are coaches favorites.
“shoot til you make, then shoot til you miss.” Great shooters forget the misses, the next one is always going in.

The only way you start shooting better is to keep shooting.

it happens to shooters. They have bad games they have bad stretches.
That is something that, for some reason, some people don’t get. Being an X% shooter isn’t a flat curve. Mathematically, each shot is an independent event, but when good shooters miss, they are always “due” to go on a run where they can’t miss.

JB is in Maryland today watching Justin Taylor. People used to complain he wasn’t involved enough with recruiting, he’s been involved this year. JB and Woodson are both there for Taylor. Hubert Davis fell in love with Cam Whitmore and probably forgot all about Taylor.

JB is in Maryland today watching Justin Taylor. People used to complain he wasn’t involved enough with recruiting, he’s been involved this year. JB and Woodson are both there for Taylor. Hubert Davis fell in love with Cam Whitmore and probably forgot all about Taylor.

I definitely will be the first to admit I don't think JB did enough stuff like this the last few years. So extremely happy to read this and give credit. He knows and is invested.

it happens to shooters. They have bad games they have bad stretches.
1624228144136.png

See; "Buddy Buckets, reg. season version, circa 20-21 season".

JB understands he has to travel and recruit. He did the absolute bare minimum in this department last 3-4 years. Can’t get the players you want sticking with what you have accomplished in the past and think that’s enough. Good to hear he’s out and about

I don’t think unc is that attractive anymore to justin. It was with Roy. Hubert needs a few more years until he establishes himself

Maybe it’s just me, but his mom seems to be very involved in this recruitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom