Class of 2022 - SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 SG/SF Justin Taylor (VA / IMG) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question -- the answer probably is, "kind of."

The issue I see is that Lands indicated that he was also recruited by the staff as a 2. So, in tandem, one of them would have to play 3 defensively on the back end. That might work, as the 2 and the 3 are often similar in terms of their offensive role in JB's system.

Of course, things get complicated from there. If [and I recognize that this is an "if"] Benny Williams comes back for year 2, he's more of a 3 than a 4.

And JJ Starling is a 2 / combo, not really a 1. So does landing Taylor take us out of the running for him?

And Westry / Copeland are both lead guards, so I don't envision us landing both in tandem.

I'm guessing that we land one of Taylor / JJ, and one of Copeland / Westry -- and then the focus is exclusively on finding a big.
With the ever present caveat that I know nothing, I think it's going to shake out like this:

Taylor - commit
Copeland - commit
JJ if he wants, commits later and the war for guard PT is on

Flip is the top priority forward, Clingan the top priority center, Bunch next in line behind Flip.

Why go to Syracuse said on the Indiana board. 76 year old coach. Lots of snow. Dull campus. Well, lets look at that. Hall of Fame coach vs a guy that I don't think has won a game in college basketball. 3rd coach in how many years. And yeah, Indiana is the Miami of the Mid west.
Do they have indoor plumbing in Bloomington?

most credible 247 insider
SmartSelect_20210624-183821_Chrome.jpg

Lands & Taylor. #30 & #56 on 2 4 7 Top 100. Benny Williams #38 from last year.

Just to put that into perspective, here are our top recruits over the last 5 years: Kadary Richmond (92), Quincy Guerrier (72), Oshae Brissett (52). Battle was 39.

FWIW - Westry is 26, Starling is 62, Filipowski is 86.

A
Andrew White was a great thread
Andrew White recruitment was the equivalent of a buzzer beater. He waited to commit until he had to show up on campus for the first team meeting. IIRC, the staff thought he was coming but they weren’t certain until he actually showed up. I recall Jake chiming in with confirmation and it finally seemed official. Then the Final Four talk started. Doh.

Last edited:
A

Andrew White recruitment was the equivalent of a buzzer beater. He waited to commit until he had to show up on campus for the first team meeting. IIRC, the staff thought he was coming but they weren’t certain until he actually showed up. I recall Jake chiming in with confirmation and it finally seemed official. Then the Final Four talk started. Doh.
lol that was the one in which the dude w (supposedly) the fiancé working in the Athletic offices was desperately trying to attain his insider-status cred

Good question -- the answer probably is, "kind of."

The issue I see is that Lands indicated that he was also recruited by the staff as a 2. So, in tandem, one of them would have to play 3 defensively on the back end. That might work, as the 2 and the 3 are often similar in terms of their offensive role in JB's system.

Of course, things get complicated from there. If [and I recognize that this is an "if"] Benny Williams comes back for year 2, he's more of a 3 than a 4.

And JJ Starling is a 2 / combo, not really a 1. So does landing Taylor take us out of the running for him?

And Westry / Copeland are both lead guards, so I don't envision us landing both in tandem.

I'm guessing that we land one of Taylor / JJ, and one of Copeland / Westry -- and then the focus is exclusively on finding a big.
We have a winner!

I take offense to that. Cmon guys how much clearer do I need to be. This is day 5 of saying that he is going to be on this team
Yup, as quoted earlier:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online