Class of 2019 - SG/SF Lester Quinones (NJ/IMG) to Memphis | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 SG/SF Lester Quinones (NJ/IMG) to Memphis

It's weird the kid obviously has talent, he obviously loves us and his performances have been great.

And we haven't offered him.

I'm just so curious what goes on behind the scenes when it comes to recruiting. Either our brand is at a level far below what I think it is, or we really have become a middle of the pack ACC team and I should get used to it.

Really like this kid. Seems like they may be waiting to watch him play to confirm their interest. Hope we offer, he seems to like us.

It's weird the kid obviously has talent, he obviously loves us and his performances have been great.

I'm just so curious what goes on behind the scenes when it comes to recruiting. Either our brand is at a level far below what I think it is, or we really have become a middle of the pack ACC team and I should get used to it.
I've stopped trying to understand our recruiting strategy.

Translates to...
Lester Quinones in his involvement with his AAU team New Heights. Lester will form part of the pre-selection U18.

I've stopped trying to understand our recruiting strategy.
we think we have a lot of information, but we really don't. the staff knows more than us, more than iommi, more than dean, more than jordville, etc. they (the staff) don't have perfect knowledge either, but they have a better sense of who's really interested, who's realistic and who is a waste of time. and, of course, who best fits their own vision

Last edited:

Some schools offer every single kid - that’s never been our strategy

Would assume they’re watching Lester as well.

So he isn't good enough? Not in the region? It's dumb not to offer a kid who's talented and interested in us.

What if the coaching staff doesn't believe he is a fit? Maybe they don't think he is good enough to contribute, his skill set won't fit our style of play, he has handlers or other baggage that they don't want to have to deal with or maybe he is terrific but too far down our list of targets to put the offer out there unless some of our primary and secondary targets don't come through.

I think an offer is what it implies...something that can be accepted once it has been made.

What if the coaching staff doesn't believe he is a fit? Maybe they don't think he is good enough to contribute, his skill set won't fit our style of play, he has handlers or other baggage that they don't want to have to deal with or maybe he is terrific but too far down our list of targets to put the offer out there unless some of our primary and secondary targets don't come through.

I think an offer is what it implies...something that can be accepted once it has been made.

exactly right. The staff has a pretty good handle on what they are doing and who they are prioritizing

I dont have any inside info on this but it's looking like a offer is coming his way...I know that he is best friends with precious so I'd be selling both on coming to play together!
Yeah I’d assume so as well. He’s the other guard out of this class I want (Guerrier aside since he’s more of a wing). The connecting to PA iszalways nice as well.

My singular wish for Lester's college career is that he hits a big shot with Raftery on the call & he yells "cojones!" instead of "onions!".

Why? It’s really not that hard. We have priorities.
Probably came off as more negative than intended. I meant more at this point it's pretty clear we have more going on behind the scenes and don't expose as much of our recruiting as other programs.

I hope this kid commits, then get to about 7'2", because then in tight games, the whole SU team would have huge..., well you know

Today we all learned a lesson. Listen to what the recruits say, not what the writers are saying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom