Class of 2021 - SG Terrence Clarke (MA/Brewster) to Kentucky | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 SG Terrence Clarke (MA/Brewster) to Kentucky

BC???!!!
Giving some love to his hometown.

Since we are now out... let's hope it is Memphis or Kentucky. No Duke. T.Clarke announces his final decision on September 14th.

Last edited:
58ED5205-1649-4349-B906-E4998D78CF99.jpeg

Don't think one was involved. Just making them feel good that the local kid has him in his final choice. Memphis is definitely cutting checks.

Why's that? Why wouldn't a kid want to go be coached by Penny and Mike Miller if they're going to school for 6 months? Really think that going to play zone for someone 70+ is a more appealing situation?

Why's that? Why wouldn't a kid want to go be coached by Penny and Mike Miller if they're going to school for 6 months? Really think that going to play zone for someone 70+ is a more appealing situation?
I think JB's basketball knowledge is equal to or greater than either of those guys. And his coaching ability puts him way ahead of them.

I think JB's basketball knowledge is equal to or greater than either of those guys. And his coaching ability puts him way ahead of them.

And you think that matters to an 18 year old that is a 1 and done no matter where he goes? Matters more than having 2 coaches with 25 years of NBA experience? Nope. Pretty clear from last 12 months if you take the blinders off.

I never mentioned Syracuse once. Penny has no track record at the college level, yet is getting elite blue chip talent that hasn't been relevant since Cal left.

I never mentioned Syracuse once. Penny has no track record at the college level, yet is getting elite blue chip talent that hasn't been relevant since Cal left.

Do you think if Carmelo became a big time AAU and HS Coach then got the Cuse job and brought in another 10 year NBA vet with Cuse ties that there wouldn't be an immediate spike in recruiting?

And you think that matters to an 18 year old that is a 1 and done no matter where he goes? Matters more than having 2 coaches with 25 years of NBA experience? Nope. Pretty clear from last 12 months if you take the blinders off.
Getting a bit personal? I gave up on blinders years ago.

Getting a bit personal? I gave up on blinders years ago.

Well I can't really comprehend any other explanation. Just go look at recruiting rankings and what I imagine will be upcoming results.

Well I can't really comprehend any other explanation. Just go look at recruiting rankings and what I imagine will be upcoming results.
Here is my reasoning--

These 5-star recruits we are talking about are going to the NBA next season, regardless of where (or if) they go to college. So then the question becomes, who can teach me and help me improve my game over the next year before the draft. Hardaway, for example, may have lots of basketball knowledge, but we have no idea whether he can coach his players, at least at an elite level.

!000+ wins clearly indicates that JB can coach.

Here is my reasoning--

These 5-star recruits we are talking about are going to the NBA next season, regardless of where (or if) they go to college. So then the question becomes, who can teach me and help me improve my game over the next year before the draft. Hardaway, for example, may have lots of basketball knowledge, but we have no idea whether he can coach his players, at least at an elite level.

Can also look at the lack of NBA success of Cuse draftees over the last decade and think maybe he can win games at this level but he's not getting guys ready for the league which maybe is preferred by these kids and why we aren't getting any/many of them lately.

Here is my reasoning--

Historical achievements don’t mean a whole lot when you cross eras. Clearly, we are in a ‘new’ era of Golden State Warrior style basketball the last 4-5 years. I mean it’s been such a shift, Melo’s game doesn’t work. What’s our record been in this era? Unfortunately, in that time frame, ‘Cuse 1) has an average record, and 2) plays a zone with a slow, grind it out offense that is probably not appealing to the 1 and done kids.

Disappointed we are not final list. Why?
It’s kind of absurd that Texas Tech made the list. I get that they’ve had a couple of good seasons in a row under Chris Beard but give me a break that they’re some national player now. Texas fans must be pissed. Shaka has not yet delivered them the success they hoped for. Dumb move to dump Rick Barnes, IMO.

It was smart of him to choose 3 Nike and 3 UA schools. That should create a nice bidding war for his services between the 2 companies. And of he goes to Duke his parents can get cushy jobs and a new house. Well played young man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom