Shabazz | Syracusefan.com

Shabazz

T

tee1222

and company are playing Zona tonight.
Not sure who's seen this guy in action, but even though he's not the most generous teammate in the world, he is scary. Carmelo and Dion scary. He has that same gift where he can basically pull up on anyone and drain it with a hand in his face. He could probably have Shaun Bradley's hand in face and it wouldn't matter.

Exhibit A his first field goal ever at the college level; pulls up, the guy is glued to him and he's saying, I'm here now and there's nothing you can do about it.
Exhibit B just going hog wild with threes in route to a 21 point outing.
Really, these highlights don't do enough justice, so if you get to watch the game tonight, you'll see what I mean. Just like Dion and Carmelo, zero fear.

Good thing UCLA is probably not as good as they should be but they're getting better, despite the recent loss.

I think he is overrated and won't he able to get his shot off in the NBA. Not athletic enough IMO

I think he is overrated and won't he able to get his shot off in the NBA. Not athletic enough IMO
Just watch the first 15 seconds, and care to retract that statement?
Freak athletic ability, but he's a scorer, doesn't dunk as often since he's got unlimited range. Plus, he's lefty and especially tricky, even for a lefty ;)
Oh, he's getting that shot off.

Shabazz is very good, has a better shot than your boy Davis of being a star in the pros.

Freak athletic ability, but he's a scorer, doesn't dunk as often since he's got unlimited range. Plus, he's lefty and especially tricky, even for a lefty ;)

I've seen the video and I've seen him play. He is not a guard because he is quick enough and is too small to play SF in the NBA. Good player not great.

I've seen the video and I've seen him play. He is not a guard because he is quick enough and is too small to play SF in the NBA. Good player not great.
You must have meant he isn't quick enough to be a guard, right?

I think he'll end up a 2, but you might be right about the length for a SF. Still, just like Dion, he seems to not need much separation to get his shot off.

Granted, he doesn't seem to play above the rim as much at this level, but I think that's more a product of him taking the outside shot that's being given to him.

Only time will tell about the NBA, but he's got such a ridiculous offensive skill set that he'll get his opportunity soon, and you know he's going early in the draft. Defensive needs or not, if I'm an NBA scout, I'm taking this dude over Nerly the crybaby any day.

Of course, I am not an NBA scout, but I aspire to be. Nah, too lazy. I'll do it later Mom!

I could show you a Youtube video that makes it look like MCW is a 100% three point shooter! :)

He's 6'6", I'd be sad if he couldn't dunk like that! His entire family played sports professionally, so he's probably fairly athletic though.

No commentary on his athletic ability btw, looks solid to me in that area. Haven't really watched UCLA much this year.

I've only seen him play once and I wasn't impressed but I think he had a really bad game because some of the highlights I've seen of him are impressive.

How does one even handicap that? No, just watch and learn young man. Lol

Well let's see 6-11 shot blocker/rebounder trying to develop into a SF vs 6-5 undersized SF who is not quick enough to play the SG. Ask yourself this when you watch him tonight "who does he guard in the NBA?"

Well let's see 6-11 shot blocker/rebounder trying to develop into a SF vs 6-5 undersized SF who is not quick enough to play the SG. Ask yourself this when you watch him tonight "who does he guard in the NBA?"

JJ Reddick! And he shuts him DOWN!

I could show you a Youtube video that makes it look like MCW is a 100% three point shooter! :)

He's 6'6", I'd be sad if he couldn't dunk like that! His entire family played sports professionally, so he's probably fairly athletic though.

No commentary on his athletic ability btw, looks solid to me in that area. Haven't really watched UCLA much this year.
Touché, regarding MCW and youtube :D
But not every 6'6 basketball player can 360 degree dunk, tomahawk, windmill, between the legs, etc. I don't think you'll find MCW pull those off on youtube.

You must have meant he isn't quick enough to be a guard, right?

I think he'll end up a 2, but you might be right about the length for a SF. Still, just like Dion, he seems to not need much separation to get his shot off.

Granted, he doesn't seem to play above the rim as much at this level, but I think that's more a product of him taking the outside shot that's being given to him.

Only time will tell about the NBA, but he's got such a ridiculous offensive skill set that he'll get his opportunity soon, and you know he's going early in the draft. Defensive needs or not, if I'm an NBA scout, I'm taking this dude over Nerly the crybaby any day.

Of course, I am not an NBA scout, but I aspire to be. Nah, too lazy. I'll do it later Mom!

yes I meant isn't, and his lateral quickness is not there IMO. He's a good basketball player and a good athlete but that is not good enough to stick in the NBA. He is nowhere near as quick as Dion nor is his handle as good. He is a better shooter than Dion but I don't believe he is an elite shooter just a good one.

Good player.

Going up against Solomon Hill tonight will be the first time he's had someone with his size and athleticism guarding him. McKale will be loud.

Will be a very good game interesting to see if Mohammed and the Wear sisters can play well in that environment.

JJ Reddick! And he shuts him DOWN!
JJ Redick would absolutely chew Shabazz up on offense and defense.. JJ is a good player in the NBA now.. Thoughts on Shabazz, smooth and silky scorer. Think he will be a good NBA player. No way an all star in my opinion though.

Anyone see any similarities between Bazz and James Harden? I have not seen Bazz play this year until tonight but he was clearly the best senior player in high school basketball last year.

Kyle Anderson has the biggest head i have ever seen. And Shabazz won't make a great pro.

I got to watch Shabazz as a junior at an aau tourney up close and personal. Stood a whole game in back of their bench and spoke briefly with their coach, when he played for Dream Vision. I always go into the same tourney trying not to know too many players. Then try and see who I think is the best or my favorite players. That day, my favorite player turned out to be Winston Shepard, and then Angelo Chol. Believe it or not Shabazz I didn't notice and he had a really good game. He was just that smooth but wasn't the force that the forwards were I guess.

Kyle Anderson has the biggest head i have ever seen. And Shabazz won't make a great pro.
I don't think anyone said "great pro" .I know I said he had a better chance at being a star than Anthony "Charmin" Davis. I like to give Gabjon a hard time. Sorry Gabjon.

I don't think anyone said "great pro" .I know I said he had a better chance at being a star than Anthony "Charmin" Davis. I like to give Gabjon a hard time. Sorry Gabjon.
Tyson Chandler's gonna wipe his a$$ with that fool. Triple zing!
Btw, kudos to you for making the toilet paper nicknames stick. Loving it.