Shafer HasTwo OC Candidates | Syracusefan.com

Shafer HasTwo OC Candidates

Franz69

All Conference
Coaches O'Shea.
littlegiants.jpg

Why are people down on walker? He can recruit I think

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That fact that he's been in coaching for 17 years and has never been anything more than a RB's coach should sound off some alarms. With a defensive minded coach like HCSS, it's vital to get someone with OC experience.

Just a guess...because he has never been an OC before.

What makes you think he can recruit? Not his time at SU. This fixation people have with having SU guys on the staff is crazy. How can you get anything new if its all from the same tree.

What makes you think he can recruit? Not his time at SU. This fixation people have with having SU guys on the staff is crazy. How can you get anything new if its all from the same tree.

Wouldn't Ty bolt if Walker comes in as OC? Kinda steals his thunder.

He doesn't bring anything special to the program. He was not a great recruiter when he was at SU.

That fact that he's been in coaching for 17 years and has never been anything more than a RB's coach should sound off some alarms. With a defensive minded coach like HCSS, it's vital to get someone with OC experience.
I think that gives the coaching community too much credit. With so many retreads, some good coaches must get passed over

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Shafer isn't.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thats cuz SU guys love the place and will never leave!(n)

Re your 2nd sentence: FSU's new DC Jeremy Pruitt came from the Bama staff. He was the only former player Nick Saban has had on his staff while at Bama.

Alums are not necessary to have a 1st rate coaching staff.