Shafer never indicated that he was keeping any of the current staff | Syracusefan.com

Shafer never indicated that he was keeping any of the current staff

papadynamite

Walk On
So what's the problem with him putting in a Shafer staff to replace a Marrone staff? So we lose a few recruits. Tough! But his new hires may poach a few recruits. Great! Time is at a premium but the man has to make sure he can work with the new appointees. No doubt, the task of getting people who can recruit is important but when they come outside of the New York-Pa.-NJ territory, it certainly complicates things. I hope we don't lose the downstate NY lifeline, but I'll go with Shafer's judgment. After all, wrong choices will certainly be a negative for his lifeline as well as Dr. Gross's future. It seems that the Pa QB recruit is coming in with high hopes. Unfortunately, he will not be here for Spring practice which implies the fall QB is already on the team. I don't think any of them are going to be another Nassib. Therefore, SU may have a great defense going into the ACC but an uncertain offense. This fact tempers my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.

Because people on the board know more than the people making the decisions seems obvious to me :)

So what's the problem with him putting in a Shafer staff to replace a Marrone staff? So we lose a few recruits. Tough! But his new hires may poach a few recruits. Great! Time is at a premium but the man has to make sure he can work with the new appointees. No doubt, the task of getting people who can recruit is important but when they come outside of the New York-Pa.-NJ territory, it certainly complicates things. I hope we don't lose the downstate NY lifeline, but I'll go with Shafer's judgment. After all, wrong choices will certainly be a negative for his lifeline as well as Dr. Gross's future. It seems that the Pa QB recruit is coming in with high hopes. Unfortunately, he will not be here for Spring practice which implies the fall QB is already on the team. I don't think any of them are going to be another Nassib. Therefore, SU may have a great defense going into the ACC but an uncertain offense. This fact tempers my enthusiasm for the upcoming season.
It's a very valid and much overlooked point. Shafer said to be patient but that has fallen on deaf ears in many cases. Hey, just pure speculation but might the new coach want some of his own guys and not Marrone's? Maybe these guys are not being just "poached" but also encouraged by HCSS to find new jobs.