Shafer not... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer not...

You ever try Rheingold?
I'm not sure. good or bad??

In college I drank Genny, Genny Cream (The Green Death), Hamm's, Utica Club among others. Who the hell knows what was really served on tap during happy hour?

Was there last January... they have a fantastic IPA...

Yes I agree. Very good stuff. I liked the Island Hopper as well. A wheat ale. Very refreshing when you're chilling in the sun.

It's what we used to cal a 3.2 beer. Low alcohol. Never heard of it until my first trip to Ohio.

3.2 doesnt matter if you drink 20 of them

When I was a kid, Central NY was cheap beer heaven.

Hamm's, Piels ($2.50 a sixer), Golden Anniversary, Schlitz, Black Label, Utica Club, Blatz, Stroh's, Stegmaier (the worst of the lot, except for when Great American was selling plain label "Beer". White package. Black letters. They said, "Beer" and nothing else. Not even attractive blue like in Repo Man.) Once in college, I bought a case of beer in Shur-Fine that was similar. It was like $4.25 for a case. It just said "No Name Beer". The paper on the cases and on the bottles had some red striping, as though the roll of printing paper was running out. It was awesome. PeteCalvin was on call in case I went blind or howled at any law enforcement.

When I was a kid, Central NY was cheap beer heaven.

Hamm's, Piels ($2.50 a sixer), Golden Anniversary, Schlitz, Black Label, Utica Club, Blatz, Stroh's, Stegmaier (the worst of the lot, except for when Great American was selling plain label "Beer". White package. Black letters. They said, "Beer" and nothing else. Not even attractive blue like in Repo Man.) Once in college, I bought a case of beer in Shur-Fine that was similar. It was like $4.25 for a case. It just said "No Name Beer". The paper on the cases and on the bottles had some red striping, as though the roll of printing paper was running out. It was awesome. PeteCalvin was on call in case I went blind or howled at any law enforcement.

I have had all of those beers. When I was in college at Fredonia Tops sold Red White and Blue Beer which was awful but like $1.99 six pack. Ballantyne was another great cheap ass beer. GAB was really bad beer.

Not a fan?

I could write a book. In no particular order:

Ortliebs
Schmidts
Kochs
Iroquois
Genny
Genny Cream
Matts
Iron City
Old German
National Bohemian
Weidemans
Blatz
Hamms
Olympia
Pearl
Lone Star
Stag
Old Style
Strohs
Naragansett
Hudepohl
Haffenreffer Private Stock

Now I want to puke

I have had all of those beers. When I was in college at Fredonia Tops sold Red White and Blue Beer which was awful but like $1.99 six pack. Ballantyne was another great cheap ass beer. GAB was really bad beer.

I wasn't far away, at Alfred. I recall Red White and Blue. GAB we bought by the case at the ol' fraternity house when the local cops, or maybe the U tried to crack down on kegs. We had a truck from the distributor roll in every Thursday afternoon and just unload. Good times.

I could write a book. In no particular order:

Old Style

Now I want to puke

Wow I love it. I went to a game at Wrigley a couple of years ago and drank an assload of Old Style Light at a Cubs game. So good. I may now be forced to go on strictly a cheap beer only until the end of the hoops season for good luck.

I wasn't far away, at Alfred. I recall Red White and Blue. GAB we bought by the case at the ol' fraternity house when the local cops, or maybe the U tried to crack down on kegs. We had a truck from the distributor roll in every Thursday afternoon and just unload. Good times.

Great times, I wouldnt trade having all of those beer (as opposed to todays college kids who think Labatts is swill) choices for anything. If I had a dollar for every Matts beer ball we drank in college I could fund a new football facility.

Wow I love it. I went to a game at Wrigley a couple of years ago and drank an assload of Old Style Light at a Cubs game. So good. I may now be forced to go on strictly a cheap beer only until the end of the hoops season for good luck.

Old Style is actually pretty good. That was when you had a whole $20 to spend come Friday afternoon.

Great times, I wouldnt trade having all of those beer (as opposed to todays college kids who think Labatts is swill) choices for anything. If I had a dollar for every Matts beer ball we drank in college I could fund a new football facility.

5 Matts splits at the Jabberwocky for $1. I swear that swill had iron filings in it. Saw Jorma Kaukonen there on a Wed. night. Good times.

We used to buy cases of Ov Splits too and have chugging racing contests with partners. I really miss college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom