Shake Down The Thunder... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shake Down The Thunder...

sabach said:
Everett Golson and Jerian Grant say hello. Not many schools woukd suspend for the whole season their best basketball player and starting QB. Ishaq Williams says hello as well. Max Redfield and Jerry Tillery were suspended from last year's Fiesta Bowl. I think ND does a good job taking care of these type if issues as does SU.

Agreed. They are far, far from the SEC hypocrisy on this matter.

Everett Golson and Jerian Grant say hello. Not many schools would suspend for the whole season their best basketball player and starting QB. Ishaq Williams says hello as well. Max Redfield and Jerry Tillery were suspended from last year's Fiesta Bowl. I think ND does a good job taking care of these type if issues as does SU.
True, they've been better than some. The Seeberg family would like to say hello as well.

You guys are correct...although we did have a former player stab a few current ones. The point is not all payers out there are choir boys. Every program has some bad eggs, but they also have some damn solid characters.

I feel for these kids and hope this is a wake up call for them.

The discussion is not about whether teams have bad characters or not, it's about how the bad characters are treated. There are definitely major inconsistencies.

Everett Golson and Jerian Grant say hello. Not many schools would suspend for the whole season their best basketball player and starting QB. Ishaq Williams says hello as well. Max Redfield and Jerry Tillery were suspended from last year's Fiesta Bowl. I think ND does a good job taking care of these type if issues as does SU.

Yeah the likelihood that these players are treated the same as the Bama players is quite small imo. Butler is probably a goner and the three guys charged with possession of a handgun will probably get suspended for multiple games.

Yeah the likelihood that these players are treated the same as the Bama players is quite small imo. Butler is probably a goner and the three guys charged with possession of a handgun will probably get suspended for multiple games.
How is it only a misdemeanor for illegal possession of a handgun in Indiana??

How is it only a misdemeanor for illegal possession of a handgun in Indiana??

New York and neighboring Illinois are both supposed to have some of the toughest gun laws in the country. In both states the same charge (as filed against the ND players) would also be a misdemeanor and not a felony.

New York and neighboring Illinois are both supposed to have some of the toughest gun laws in the country. In both states the same charge (as filed against the ND players) would also be a misdemeanor and not a felony.

Seems strange that if he is caught with an ounce of cocaine or heroin and it's a felony but a loaded unlicensed weapon is a misdemeanor.

Justice system is so screwed up.

Senior starting safety (safety is an extremely thin position at ND--maybe a freshman will now start??) will almost certainly be expelled from school soon in an administrative hearing, not just dismissed from the football program.

Being charged with a felony is grounds for expulsion from the university. He also was suspended from the Fiesta Bowl for violation of team rules, so this isn't his first rodeo.

The others will be suspended. It may be for something like 4-6 games, maybe for the season.

Senior starting safety (safety is an extremely thin position at ND--maybe a freshman will now start??) will almost certainly be expelled from school soon in an administrative hearing, not just dismissed from the football program.

Being charged with a felony is grounds for expulsion from the university. He also was suspended from the Fiesta Bowl for violation of team rules, so this isn't his first rodeo.

The others will be suspended. It may be for something like 4-6 games, maybe for the season.
As soon as I saw it was Redfield again, I knew he was done after last year's Fiesta Bowl. I do not expect the others to play this season.

It is only a constitutional right if you own and possess legally.
You could not be more wrong. It is a right. Its been infringed upon by adding conditions. Whether those conditions are Constitutional is the question, not whether the right to own arms is allowed.

It is only a constitutional right if you own and possess legally.

Sort of like it's only a constitutional right to vote as long as you show a proper ID or driver's license? Oh, wait...

Capt. Tuttle said:
You could not be more wrong. It is a right. Its been infringed upon by adding conditions. Whether those conditions are Constitutional is the question, not whether the right to own arms is allowed.

The local militia they belonged to was of the drug dealing variety. So that checks out too.