Shaky Potatoes Tracker, Miami Game 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shaky Potatoes Tracker, Miami Game 2

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
After today's game against Miami, Cooney has now made 14 of 51 three point attempts, a .274 clip, in ACC play.

On the season he is making 42% of his three point attempts.

With 8 more three point baskets, Cooney will have one of the Top 20 seasons in three pointers made in school history if this PDF from SUathletics is up to date. As Cooney breaks in to the record books, something magical may happen to his placement on the chart below.

shaky tracker.jpg

Just to reiterate - the Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Cooney's play. It is merely a statistical observation.

Addendum: The Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Jim Boeheim's coaching related to Cooney's play, which the Shaky Potatoes Tracker does not judge.

OttoinGrotto said:
Just to reiterate - the Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Cooney's play. It is merely a statistical observation. Addendum: The Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Jim Boeheim's coaching related to Cooney's play, which the Shaky Potatoes Tracker does not judge.

I'll ask what several posters asked you before and maybe you missed. Do you have a tracker for any other player?

I was very happy that he made his next shot after his airball.

That was a crap shot - fading to the right at the angle where you have to already hit it from behind the backboard. Crazy difficult shot. Otherwise, thought he shot well - and I was certain that one of the early ones was in - took a bad bounce though and rimmed out.

I'll ask what several posters asked you before and maybe you missed. Do you have a tracker for any other player?

About the only other facet of someone's game to track would be Grant rim rattlers. What else is he supposed to track: CJ short corner jumpers? This is meant as a fun thing; it's not done with an agenda. Cooney is a polarizing player, we all get that.

This isn't about that. It's fun, as the creative and hilarious illustration shows.

Quick, someone more creative than I am right now: make a chart for Grant dunks. Come up with something catchy. It probably should be alliterative: Grant Rim Rattlers is decent...

How 'bout: Grant Ram Jams (reference to Randy "The Ram" Robinson in "The Wrestler."). His wrestling finisher was called, The Ram Jam.

About the only other facet of someone's game to track would be Grant rim rattlers.
In addition to your excellent idea, as an act of good faith I have begun brainstorming other things we could track, such as:

Days since CJ Fair has been nicknamed Thickburger.

Times per game Tyler Ennis facially emotes.

Average number of nostrils picked by Jim Boeheim per game.

In addition to your excellent idea, as an act of good faith I have begun brainstorming other things we could track, such as:

Days since CJ Fair has been nicknamed Thickburger.

Times per game Tyler Ennis facially emotes.

Average number of nostrils picked by Jim Boeheim per game.

JB was probing the nostrils a lot on camera today. Tyler's facial emotes may have to be in decimals.

Quick, someone more creative than I am right now: make a chart for Grant dunks. Come up with something catchy. It probably should be alliterative: Grant Rim Rattlers is decent...

How 'bout: Grant Ram Jams (reference to Randy "The Ram" Robinson in "The Wrestler."). His wrestling finisher was called, The Ram Jam.

paging mr. Lawrinson.

paging mr. Lawrinson.
I think the Grant one would be functionally different. Like, not a chart, but would work more like a helmet sticker in football. I'm thinking one image gets posted in the game thread per Ram Jam or something like that. That make sense?

It could be pretty easy. A pic of Jerami dunking. Then a pic of Randy The Ram doing the Ram Jam...and instead of tallying the dunks with stars or something: post a small pic of the Ram Jam for every dunk per opponent listed. In other words, if Jerami has 3 dunks versus Wake...you could have a graphic of the Demon Deacon and then 3 small pics of Randy The Ram next to the Deacon.

The Wrestler was a pretty cool movie, thanks for reminding me of it. I may have to watch it again sometime soon because of this thread.

I love my term , Grant Ram Jam, to be honest. It's perfect (iommi pats himself on his back). :p
Iommi, are you cool to track that? The Shaky Potatoes Tracker requires a significant investment in time and energy, and if I do start tracking something for another player it would damage my reputation as a Cooney basher, which I apparently hold despite my numerous efforts and assurances to everyone that the Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Cooney's play, and is merely a statistical observation.

I love my term , Grant Ram Jam, to be honest. It's perfect (iommi pats himself on his back). :p
So that makes 2 trackers where OiG didn't come up with the name.

1 being more to track negative.

The other being the 1 you helped, which tracks positive.