Shaky Potatoes Tracker, Miami Game 2 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shaky Potatoes Tracker, Miami Game 2

Iommi, are you cool to track that? The Shaky Potatoes Tracker requires a significant investment in time and energy, and if I do start tracking something for another player it would damage my reputation as a Cooney basher, which I apparently hold despite my numerous efforts and assurances to everyone that the Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Cooney's play, and is merely a statistical observation.

I can count his dunks of course, but I am not technically inclined enough to do the actual posting with the graphics and whatnot, so I'm pretty useless.:bang:

That is very odd.
I would probably attribute that home/road split as Cooney trying to do "too much" in front of the home crowd. OTOH, teams have to band together against hostile forces on the road, in a "we all we got"-type mentality. No time for the yips when you're surrounded. ;)

I would attribute the home/road split to NOTHING BUT THE LAW OF AVERAGES. Everyone tries to look into everything way too much.

GoHamSU said:
I would attribute the home/road split to NOTHING BUT THE LAW OF AVERAGES. Everyone tries to look into everything way too much.

Averaging: it's not just a good idea, it's the law.

Should get a chart for how many times Ennis is gonna close a game out. Might as well name him The Closer. Dude ain't messin around in late game situations

Last edited:
In addition to your excellent idea, as an act of good faith I have begun brainstorming other things we could track, such as:

Days since CJ Fair has been nicknamed Thickburger.

Times per game Tyler Ennis facially emotes.

Average number of nostrils picked by Jim Boeheim per game.

Average number of nostrils picked by Jim Boeheim per game.
two
better question would be picks / minute

I think the OP, to be a real tracker, should include how he did in the game. Today, he was 3 for 6. It's TC's best in-conference 3pt% to date.
Lets hope we see TC take what he did in this warm weather venue and use it as a springboard for Wake and then Duke.

TC did add one to his airball total, if that is being tracked.

But, of more importance to me, was the 3 inside of 3 minutes left. Getting TC involved in higher pressure situations is something I have been hoping would come along. He hit that 3 and was part of the closers in the FT brigade. IMO that is a good sign.

weird home/road split

3 home ACC games 6 for 32, .188
3 road ACC games - 8 for 19, .421

Curious what his home vs road/nuetral site stats are for the year but find this strangly reassuring since none of the acc or ncaa tourney games will take place in the dome.

How about number of times he hits the floor - it had to be at least 6 today. Seems dangerous.

Quick, someone more creative than I am right now: make a chart for Grant dunks. Come up with something catchy. It probably should be alliterative: Grant Rim Rattlers is decent...

How 'bout: Grant Ram Jams (reference to Randy "The Ram" Robinson in "The Wrestler."). His wrestling finisher was called, The Ram Jam.

I'm trying to interpret the tracker. "Shaky" is the highest rating or the lowest? Is he currently at the lowest rating "Spud" or is this simply a concept? I am assuming the Cooney head moves vertically on that scale and that right now he is pegged at the bottom? But if he is still averaging 42% on the season shouldn't he be rated higher than rock bottom? Or if it is just recent performance, he shot 50% today so shouldn't he be at the top? Which apparently is "shaky" even though I thought that was a derogatory term? So confused.

I'm trying to interpret the tracker. "Shaky" is the highest rating or the lowest? Is he currently at the lowest rating "Spud" or is this simply a concept? I am assuming the Cooney head moves vertically on that scale and that right now he is pegged at the bottom? But if he is still averaging 42% on the season shouldn't he be rated higher than rock bottom? Or if it is just recent performance, he shot 50% today so shouldn't he be at the top? Which apparently is "shaky" even though I thought that was a derogatory term? So confused.
Give it time. There is a plan. All will be shaky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom