Shaky Potatoes Tracker, Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

Shaky Potatoes Tracker, Notre Dame

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
After today's game against Notre Dame, Cooney has now made 25 of 70 three point attempts, a .357 clip, in ACC play.

On the season he is making 44% of his three point attempts.

With 6 more three point baskets, Cooney will have one of the Top 15 seasons in three pointers made in school history if this PDF from SUathletics is up to date (according to Moqui, it's not as it excludes Dirty's 84 threes made last season, so everyone on the list drops a spot that is below 84). As Cooney advances in to the record books, something magical may happen to his placement on the chart below.

baked.jpg

Just to reiterate - the Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Cooney's play. It is merely a statistical observation.

Addendum: The Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Jim Boeheim's coaching related to Cooney's play, which the Shaky Potatoes Tracker does not judge.

Potato Race Tracker; Cooney vs OiG 3 pt percentage in league play

Player . . . . . .Games . . . .FGM/FGA . . . . . pct
Cooney . . . . . . 8 . . . . . . . 25/70 . . . . . . . . . ..357
OttoinGrotto . .1 . . . . . . . . 2/9 . . . . . . . . . . . .222

Who will walk away with the coveted Potato Cup?

he has made more triples in the last 50 some hours than he had made in the previous three weeks (5 games) combined, raising his conference shooting percentage over 100 points

Only up to baked? wow. This tracker is one tough dude.

I think the problem with the tracker is that you title the posts wrong. The title should be Shaky Potatoes Tracker THRU Notre Dame. The impression your title gives is that his potato status for just this game against ND is Baked. Which is clearly the most bullshat thing I've heard in 30 years. You only tangentially imply that this tracker measures ACC games only. We're not sure why it doesn't include all games.

I think the problem with the tracker is that you title the posts wrong. The title should be Shaky Potatoes Tracker THRU Notre Dame. The impression your title gives is that his potato status for just this game against ND is Baked. Which is clearly the most bullshat thing I've heard in 30 years. You only tangentially imply that this tracker measures ACC games only. We're not sure why it doesn't include all games.
Feedback noted. I will title these posts in a manner more befitting.

That said, I mean, the Shaky Potatoes Tracker does not judge Cooney's play. I keep trying to explain that. Having the graphic with rankings move around based on how he does game by game would be a judgment of his play and would utterly violate the whole intent and purpose behind The Shaky Potatoes tracker. The Shaky Potatoes tracker is merely a statistical observation. The chart is too.

I would have thought that the big old preamble about the record books and how many threes he needs to advance in the record books and the statement "As Cooney advances in to the record books, something magical may happen to his placement on the chart below," followed by the chart image, would suggest that the Shaky Potatoes Tracker is a cumulative, and not game-by-game measure, of how many 3 pointers Cooney has made, but I guess the way the title of the post can be interpreted overrides all of the text in the body.:noidea:

Feedback noted. I will title these posts in a manner more befitting.

That said, I mean, the Shaky Potatoes Tracker does not judge Cooney's play. I keep trying to explain that. Having the graphic with rankings move around based on how he does game by game would be a judgment of his play and would utterly violate the whole intent and purpose behind The Shaky Potatoes tracker. The Shaky Potatoes tracker is merely a statistical observation. The chart is too.

I would have thought that the big old preamble about the record books and how many threes he needs to advance in the record books and the statement "As Cooney advances in to the record books, something magical may happen to his placement on the chart below," followed by the chart image, would suggest that the Shaky Potatoes Tracker is a cumulative, and not game-by-game measure, of how many 3 pointers Cooney has made, but I guess the way the title of the post can be interpreted overrides all of the text in the body.:noidea:

We have tiny little brains, you have to help us out

Does he break GMAC's single season record? He's still a long ways off. I don't think he gets it this year.

Does he break GMAC's single season record? He's still a long ways off. I don't think he gets it this year.
He doesn't need to break the record in order to get the shaky designation.

I get OiG's tracker after reading the clarification(I think). The thing is that the coolest part of it(in my opinion) is the graphic, which isn't going to change very often at all, similar to the designations under our usernames. Im guessing the graphic would be more fun if it changed depending on performance(even if it were limited to 3s), and could move in both directions. Of course then, regardless of intent, it would be called into question(as it already has) why only Trevor has a meter measuring his performance every game.

The best answer for that, is that IthacaBarrel inadvertently started a phenomenon with his questioning of Trevor's consistency come ACC time. To try to be balanced here, the guy's concerns seemed to bear some merit until the last 2 games. To further the balance, we don't win tonight without Trevor dropping those potatoes like Jackie Chan on an acid trip.

Speaking of mind altering substances, if my understanding of the graphic is correct, Trevor is going to spend a considerable amount of time "baked" this season...which leads me to thinking he may need a thickburger chart for the ensuing munchies.

I believe the record is 107. If we play nine more regular season games plus three in the ACC tourney and at least four in the NCAAs that would give him 16 to make 39. Which would mean he would have to make just under 2.5 3s per game. Now if we make a run to the championship he would only have to make 2.1 3s per game.

I believe the record is 107. If we play nine more regular season games plus three in the ACC tourney and at least four in the NCAAs that would give him 16 to make 39. Which would mean he would have to make just under 2.5 3s per game. Now if we make a run to the championship he would only have to make 2.1 3s per game.
I feel like at a minimum he should be making 2 a game. Add in the occasional 5,6, or 9 and I think he could do it. As you stated though the team is going to have to go deep in both tourneys to make it happen.

Potato Cup Update - Tonight I shot 0 for 3 in my league game. I suspect I'm wilting under the microscope of these regular posts tracking my shooting.

Potato Cup Update - Tonight I shot 0 for 3 in my league game. I suspect I'm wilting under the microscope of these regular posts tracking my shooting.

Cooney . . . . . . 8 . . . . . . . 25/70 . . . . . . . . . . .357
OttoinGrotto . .2 . . . . . . . . 2/12 . . . . . . . . . . . .167

who claims the Championship ( the Potato Chip), the high man or the low man?

Cooney . . . . . . 8 . . . . . . . 25/70 . . . . . . . . . . .357
OttoinGrotto . .2 . . . . . . . . 2/12 . . . . . . . . . . . .167

who claims the Championship ( the Potato Chip), the high man or the low man?
The high man.

Note - Right now Cooney's status on the Shaky Potatoes Tracker is "Baked."

I'll just let people chew on that one for a minute.

just remember, Otto: Cooney began the season at 2/12, too.

you are never out of the fight, as long as you keep chucking.

tell your teammates I have given you the green light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom