Shaky Potatoes Tracker, through BC II | Syracusefan.com

Shaky Potatoes Tracker, through BC II

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
After today's game against Boston College, Cooney has now made 34 of 97 three point attempts, a .350 clip, in ACC play.

On the season he is making 42% of his three point attempts.

With 7 more three point baskets, Cooney will have one of the Top 10 seasons in three pointers made in school history if this PDF from SUathletics is up to date (according to Moqui, it's not as it excludes Dirty's 84 threes made last season, so everyone on the list drops a spot that is below 84). As Cooney advances in to the record books, something magical may happen to his placement on the chart below.

mashed.jpg

Just to reiterate - the Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Cooney's play. It is merely a statistical observation.

Addendum: The Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Jim Boeheim's coaching related to Cooney's play, which the Shaky Potatoes Tracker does not judge.

In semi-related news, a disheartened OttoinGrotto shot 0 for 7 from 3 point range in league play tonight.

Potato Race Tracker; Cooney vs OiG 3 pt percentage in league play

Player . . . . . .Games . . . .FGM/FGA . . . . . pct
Cooney . . . . . . 13 . . . . . . . 34/97 . . . . . . . . . ..350
OttoinGrotto . .4 . . . . . . . . 5/25 . . . . . . . . . . . .200

Who will walk away with the coveted Danny Schayes Autographed Potato Cup?

In semi-related news, a disheartened OttoinGrotto shot 0 for 7 from 3 point range in league play tonight.

That's a drag man, but get back in the gym and get some shots up. And forget about the last game. You'll be fine.

I can't wait to get back home and get to the gym. Been gone nearly 2 weeks now I'm sure my shot will be lost somewhere along the way. And I have a game Sunday night. Getting toward playoff time and we are in a slide.

That's a drag man, but get back in the gym and get some shots up. And forget about the last game. You'll be fine.

I can't wait to get back home and get to the gym. Been gone nearly 2 weeks now I'm sure my shot will be lost somewhere along the way. And I have a game Sunday night. Getting toward playoff time and we are in a slide.
Eh, not sure the gym will help. I'm just a really bad basketball player.

After today's game against Boston College, Cooney has now made 34 of 97 three point attempts, a .350 clip, in ACC play.

On the season he is making 42% of his three point attempts.

With 7 more three point baskets, Cooney will have one of the Top 10 seasons in three pointers made in school history if this PDF from SUathletics is up to date (according to Moqui, it's not as it excludes Dirty's 84 threes made last season, so everyone on the list drops a spot that is below 84). As Cooney advances in to the record books, something magical may happen to his placement on the chart below.

View attachment 8167

Just to reiterate - the Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Cooney's play. It is merely a statistical observation.

Addendum: The Shaky Potatoes Tracker makes no judgment as to Jim Boeheim's coaching related to Cooney's play, which the Shaky Potatoes Tracker does not judge.

Potato Race Tracker; Cooney vs OiG 3 pt percentage in league play

Player . . . . . .Games . . . .FGM/FGA . . . . . pct
Cooney . . . . . . 13 . . . . . . . 34/97 . . . . . . . . . ..350
OttoinGrotto . .4 . . . . . . . . 5/25 . . . . . . . . . . . .200

Who will walk away with the coveted Danny Schayes Autographed Potato Cup?

Sounds like OttoinGrotto needs to stop jacking so many 3's and work on other parts of his game to get his stroke back.

Lots of zeros in his box score yesterday for a guy who played 40 min

Lots of zeros in his box score yesterday for a guy who played 40 min

he was pretty much invisible, hardly heard his name once. unfortunately cj was the opposite in a bad way, very noticeable for all the wrong reasons.

The game stats tell an interesting story. Fair and Christmas had very good games, well above their season averages. Ennis and Grant had average games, almost matching precisely their season averages. But you have to ask - was Cooney even at the game? He was 2-8 from the field; 1-6 from three. That's it!! Everything else - and I mean everything - was ZERO. You cannot win a game when a 40 minute player is non existent.

JB brought Gbinije in for 15 mins and he was a bit better; 3 Asts and 2 Stls., but he never scored a point.

The game stats make it clear. SG position was the reason we lost.

Sounds like OttoinGrotto needs to stop jacking so many 3's and work on other parts of his game to get his stroke back.
While this is true, for the purposes of my team, as low a percentage as I shoot any time I chuck it up is a good possession, because we at least have some chance to score points. Otherwise, we turn it over A LOT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom