Shamarko does 28 bench reps. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shamarko does 28 bench reps.

Just saw an analysis on ESPN and the guy thought Shamarko was a legit day 2 pick. If he runs a sub 4.4 I think he is the second Orangeman picked.

Pretty sure guys can start however they like as long as they are behind the line. Guys would be crazy to start from a two-point stance though, it would really adversely affect their time. Much of their pre-draft "speed training" is trying to perfect technique of just running the 40.
See, I always had trouble with the 3 point stance when I played football in 04-05, 05-06, when I came off the ball or the whistle, I fell forward to much. And for the record, I was a lineman.

Just saw an analysis on ESPN and the guy thought Shamarko was a legit day 2 pick. If he runs a sub 4.4 I think he is the second Orangeman picked.
Link it?

What's the 10 yd split?

They clock the 40 time but most also clock 10 and 20 yard splits. Gives a better idea of acceleration and/vs top speed in that 40 time. IMHO 10 and 20 yards splits are much more important.

See, I always had trouble with the 3 point stance when I played football in 04-05, 05-06, when I came off the ball or the whistle, I fell forward to much. And for the record, I was a lineman.

Guys running 40's want to fall forward coming out of their stance. Notice when they first take off, their head is over their feet until at least the 10 yard mark and then they start to straighten up and lengthen their strides. That is the technique that is taught and most effective.

I'm thinking Marko will get close to Goodwin's time. He's highly competitive. I honestly think he's going to have the best work out, out of all the DB's. aka 41inch Vert, 11,5+ broad jumb, 6.5 and under 3-cone etc. The guys a freak, it's his coming out party

If he's the fastest 40 time, automatic Adidas contract! Just another reason to root for him and his family.

This just in: I went to text my brother about this, and my phone autocorrected Shamarko to SHAMARKO.

Apple knows what's up, it would seem.

Looks like he's in the second DB group. I've been watching Elam/McDonald/Milliner/McGee/McFadden...haven't seen him.

Yeah, it's alphabetical, and the first group stops with Milliner. He's DB #49 (the first in his group is #31, so it'll be awhile before he runs even when his group starts).

Apparently he did a 40.5 inch vertical jump. Tied for the DB lead so far. Good start

Anyone see that Mante Teo only ran a 4.82 40 ?

He thought he had a piano on his back. Turns out it was a hoax. He has requested to run it again without the imaginary piano.

Anyone see that Mante Teo only ran a 4.82 40 ?
manti-teojpg-bc8ed23009f5f0c3.jpg

he looked really into it.

They're on the live feed now. Just caught him biting his nails like crazy. Must be nervous.

They're on the live feed now. Just caught him biting his nails like crazy. Must be nervous.

Of course he is, a huge chunk of his future depends on his ability to do something that's pretty much not football related (the 40)

oh man, i had butterflies. then the announcer called him out for concussions. then he fell. yikes.

oh man, i had butterflies. then the announcer called him out for concussions. then he fell. yikes.

Seriously, I don't think I've ever wanted a cuse guy to make it in the NFL more than Shamarko.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom