SHAMARKO! | Syracusefan.com

SHAMARKO!

jekelish

Living Legend
I hope like hell this kid blows up the combine tomorrow. I don't recall the last time I have hoped an SU player will succeed as much as I hope SHAMARKO! succeeds. He deserves it.

Here's to SHAMARKO! becoming a more durable version of Bob Sanders.

Good luck tomorrow, SHAMARKO!

Agreed. A lot of these kids have tough beginnings, but Shamarko has always stood out to me as the one I could really cheer for.

Just for entertainment, let's speculate on how well we think he will test this week (at least I will).

40: 4.44

Bench: 26

Vert: 37.5

Broad: 9'10"

3 Cone: 6.84

20 Shuttle: 4.24

60 Shuttle: 11.44

Tempted to guess 44 reps and 44 inch vert, but I figured I'd be a bit more realistic.

Anyone else care to have a go?

Agreed. A lot of these kids have tough beginnings, but Shamarko has always stood out to me as the one I could really cheer for.

Just for entertainment, let's speculate on how well we think he will test this week (at least I will).

40: 4.44

Bench: 26

Vert: 37.5

Broad: 9'10"

3 Cone: 6.84

20 Shuttle: 4.24

60 Shuttle: 11.44

Tempted to guess 44 reps and 44 inch vert, but I figured I'd be a bit more realistic.

Anyone else care to have a go?

4.34 40, 24 reps, 38.5 vert, 124 inch broad jump, 4.14 20 yard shuttle

I hope like hell this kid blows up the combine tomorrow. I don't recall the last time I have hoped an SU player will succeed as much as I hope SHAMARKO! succeeds. He deserves it.

I agree. Hope he has a great day, gets drafted and makes a lot of money. He has a lot of responsibility for a kid just getting out of school. Really hope things work out well for him and he can stay healthy.

SHAMARKO finished with the following numbers:

40: 4.42 (#1 amongst safeties)

Vert: 40.5 (tied #1 amongst safeties)

Bench: 28 (#1 amongst all DB's)

Broad: 11'1" or 133" (#2 amongst safeties, 1 inch behind the two tied for first)

20 yd Shuttle: 4.26 (#12 amongst safeties)

Very solid performance on paper for Shamarko. Hopefully those numbers are enough to dispel concerns about his height or concussion history.

It will be interesting to see what numbers he stands on and what numbers he tries to improve at the SU pro day.

Really glad a great guy had a great performance in Indy this week.

i thought he ran a 4.38 40 as the news reported

That was the initial hand held time. The official time is done electronically and not announced until after all runners have done both runs.

Sent using my Commodore 64

i thought he ran a 4.38 40 as the news reported
Unofficial was 4.38. They corrected it (as they have to with the majority of 40 times) and his official time was 4.42.

Still quite an impressive time.

Totally agree Great player and real soul of 2012's "D"!!

SHAMARKO finished with the following numbers:

40: 4.42 (#1 amongst safeties)

Vert: 40.5 (tied #1 amongst safeties)

Bench: 28 (#1 amongst all DB's)

Broad: 11'1" or 133" (#2 amongst safeties, 1 inch behind the two tied for first)

20 yd Shuttle: 4.26 (#12 amongst safeties)

Very solid performance on paper for Shamarko. Hopefully those numbers are enough to dispel concerns about his height or concussion history.

It will be interesting to see what numbers he stands on and what numbers he tries to improve at the SU pro day.

Really glad a great guy had a great performance in Indy this week.

ahh those concussion concerns. He didn't have a problem with getting knocked out until his senior year. If you look at the Louisville game he tried to "hit-stick" a 260+ 6'3 tight end--not a good idea for his weight especially when the dude is looking right at you trying to run you over. I forgot what happened at the Pinstripe.

---But I think he was just uber confident---He knew he was bigger, faster, hit harder, more athletic, and better than everyone else on the field. He wanted to show it. He has a lot of pride and is tough, so he doesn't know when to make the safe tackle or the hit stick. He will learn and I don't see this as being a problem at all---I still see him tacking hard, and laying out the bigger guys when he has the advantage. Aka when they're catching the ball in the air, or they don't see him coming

he hasn't missed a game because of a concussion in his career I don't think. He came back the next week after Lousiville, and he came back later in the game against WVU. So I fail to see the problem