shandeezy7 and retro44 ... | Syracusefan.com

shandeezy7 and retro44 ...

cto

Administrator
Yours are the most important posts on this board tonight. At some point, you may wish to consider contacting SU (and/or the Post Standard and the police) with your firsthand information and observations. They could be useful background information (regarding Bernie's demeanor around kids) for anyone doing an investigation. Two random neighborhood kids who spent time with Bernie, and in his house -- sounds like a good perspective to me.

I know Bernie well, but in a totally different context (as a SU basketball fan who has traveled with the team, and as a casual social friend of him and his wife). When someone first texted me about the accusations tonight (while I was at a business dinner in NYC), I thought it was an attempt at a bad joke. Obviously, the investigation has to play out, but based on my personal knowledge of Bernie, I find the accusations totally inconceivable.

I was hoping we would hear from you, CTO (wasn't sure if you'd be able to chime in due to your position within the SU family). This post makes me feel much better about the situation.

Yours are the most important posts on this board tonight. At some point, you may wish to consider contacting SU (and/or the Post Standard) with your firsthand information and observations. They could be useful background information (regarding Bernie's demeanor around kids) for anyone doing an investigation. Two random neighborhood kids who spent time with Bernie, and in his house -- sounds like a good perspective to me.

I know Bernie well, but in a totally different context (as a SU basketball fan who has traveled with the team, and as a casual social friend of him and his wife). When someone first texted me about the accusations tonight (while I was at a business dinner in NYC), I thought it was an attempt at a bad joke. Obviously, the investigation has to play out, but based on my personal knowledge of Bernie, I find the accusations totally inconceivable.

Where is shandezzy's post? I agree, Retro's was a great post. I went from immediately thinking is was possibly true, and probably something to it after first seeing the scroll (who makes this garbage up) to then reading retro's post and quickly believing there was no way it could be true. Now, after JB's comments, the holes in the story, and finally, this post, I am firmly in BF's corner.

Where is shandezzy's post? I agree, Retro's was a great post. I went from immediately thinking is was possibly true, and probably something to it after first seeing the scroll (who makes this garbage up) to then reading retro's post and quickly believing there was no way it could be true. Now, after JB's comments, the holes in the story, and finally, this post, I am firmly in BF's corner.

shandeezy's post is in response to retro's.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/6927...nvestigation/page__view__findpost__p__3856349

Here's another account I posted in the chat. Got it from the TNIAAM comment section. (Where it was copied from Sons of Sam Horn.)

Not picking on you one iota, bsj, but I have to comment on this. Thanks to the Sandusky situation, people are more liable to believe claims filed by others people in similar situations. I can't divulge too much information, but a very close friend of mine (someone I trust completely) knows Bobby Davis and Coach Fine very well. According to him, Davis is a drug addict who has always had a troubled life. He had no dad growing up and Coach Fine (who I had never heard of until tonight) went out of his way to take this kid under his wing as a father figure. When the kid (Davis) had crossed too many lines, Fine had no choice but to cut him off financially and otherwise. Davis, upset by this, sought a way to strike back at the coach by alleging the misconduct. My friend actually lived with Davis for five summers and was in close contact with both him and Fine for many years growing up. He NEVER saw any sign of anything inappropriate happening and is absolutely sickened by these allegations. He said there is a less than 0% chance that these claims are true.

Now, I want to believe everything my friend tells me is 100% true, but I'm also old enough to know that he could have missed signs of inappropriate stuff at the time. I asked him straight out if he was ever touched by Fine and he became very angry that I would even ask. It didn't seem like an embarrassed fit of anger, but of someone who seriously couldn't even fathom that any of this is true.

If this is true as I think (key word, think) it is with Sandusky, I hope he suffers greatly and finds a special place in Hell for doing this. If Boeheim covered things up (as Joe Pa) is alleged to have done, he should be immediately fired and any possible charges that can be filed (if any - abetting?) fall into place.

The notion of kids being abused like this is beyond sickening to me. The fact that ESPN or anyone else would go live with this without all of the facts is also abhorrent to me. It's very difficult to get your name and reputation restored after allegations like this are made, even if the media publishes facts that prove otherwise after an investigation. No matter what, this man will always live under a cloud where some people feel he "got away" with it.

I have no first-hand knowledge of any of this, but felt it important to share information that I feel is credible at this point. If my friend's story changes at all, I'll let you know.

Yours are the most important posts on this board tonight. At some point, you may wish to consider contacting SU (and/or the Post Standard) with your firsthand information and observations. They could be useful background information (regarding Bernie's demeanor around kids) for anyone doing an investigation. Two random neighborhood kids who spent time with Bernie, and in his house -- sounds like a good perspective to me b

I would have no problem doing that, but my experience with them was only for a couple of years until they moved to Fayetteville. It sounds like Retro had a much broader experience with the family and could speak to it much better than I could.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/6927...nvestigation/page__view__findpost__p__3856349

Here's another account I posted in the chat. Got it from TNIAAM comment section.

Not picking on you one iota, bsj, but I have to comment on this. Thanks to the Sandusky situation, people are more liable to believe claims filed by others people in similar situations. I can't divulge too much information, but a very close friend of mine (someone I trust completely) knows Bobby Davis and Coach Fine very well. According to him, Davis is a drug addict who has always had a troubled life. He had no dad growing up and Coach Fine (who I had never heard of until tonight) went out of his way to take this kid under his wing as a father figure. When the kid (Davis) had crossed too many lines, Fine had no choice but to cut him off financially and otherwise. Davis, upset by this, sought a way to strike back at the coach by alleging the misconduct. My friend actually lived with Davis for five summers and was in close contact with both him and Fine for many years growing up. He NEVER saw any sign of anything inappropriate happening and is absolutely sickened by these allegations. He said there is a less than 0% chance that these claims are true.

Now, I want to believe everything my friend tells me is 100% true, but I'm also old enough to know that he could have missed signs of inappropriate stuff at the time. I asked him straight out if he was ever touched by Fine and he became very angry that I would even ask. It didn't seem like an embarrassed fit of anger, but of someone who seriously couldn't even fathom that any of this is true.

If this is true as I think (key word, think) it is with Sandusky, I hope he suffers greatly and finds a special place in Hell for doing this. If Boeheim covered things up (as Joe Pa) is alleged to have done, he should be immediately fired and any possible charges that can be filed (if any - abetting?) fall into place.

The notion of kids being abused like this is beyond sickening to me. The fact that ESPN or anyone else would go live with this without all of the facts is also abhorrent to me. It's very difficult to get your name and reputation restored after allegations like this are made, even if the media publishes facts that prove otherwise after an investigation. No matter what, this man will always live under a cloud where some people feel he "got away" with it.

I have no first-hand knowledge of any of this, but felt it important to share information that I feel is credible at this point. If my friend's story changes at all, I'll let you know.
Wow. Very interesting. Thanks for finding and sharing that.

Here's another account I posted in the chat. Got it from the TNIAAM comment section.

I hope somewhere Mr. Davis's troubled life is brought to light... That and the fact Bernie was trying to help him.

Sherm - here is the post I was referencing

Thanks! Good info there! If this is true and he does have a drug problem, it would explain why at first glance, he seemed very fidgety and nervous almost like he was on something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom