Sharder post game interview | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Sharder post game interview

5 teams? you think we have better players at those positions that 5 teams? 2 of the 3 best wide outs we have had were average guys at other schools. I don't agree with 5 teams at all. You want to pick out 1 or 2. make a case. But 5 teams. I don't buy it.
I really do. At a minimum equal. Our OL is good when healthy. Our WR group is weaker but not bottom of the league bad.
Now ask me about our O coaching staff. Personally other than Schmidt i think they are really weak.

I’m not for cutting Gilbert , but if you have a running back that’s going to end up with 13 or 14 hundred yards you can’t say you have an offensive line that can’t block. Tucker is excellent but no RB goes without blocking.

If you take GS out of the game how good is the oline blocking for Tucker. I think since teams have to account for GS the game plan allows for Tucker to get yards. The oline does have to be able to block still, absolutely. But our oline has played well a few times and graded out very poorly like last year or almost like last year too.

Ill take our OL over the bottom 3rd and our wide outs as well.
I think its scheme more than talent.

I think our young WRs will be fine in time. But right now, WR is an issue.

We need an AET transfer portal type in the offseason. Maybe two.

I really do. At a minimum equal. Our OL is good when healthy. Our WR group is weaker but not bottom of the league bad.
Now ask me about our O coaching staff. Personally other than Schmidt i think they are really weak.

I’m going to change my thought from a second ago. I think our oline is decent, coaching has been better but some of the mistakes haven’t been bad. Injuries haven’t helped that. WR’s though, the group is mediocre. They may be one of the weakest groups in CFB, honestly.

I’m going to change my thought from a second ago. I think our oline is decent, coaching has been better but some of the mistakes haven’t been bad. Injuries haven’t helped that. WR’s though, the group is mediocre. They may be one of the weakest groups in CFB, honestly.
I dont think they are utilized properly or coached very well.

O

You are being to nice, our WR are
Bottom 3, maybe better than Duke or Georgia Tech? Not seeing it.

I dont think they are utilized properly or coached very well.

I don’t disagree with that. My feeling is based on that as well, not what their potential is but where they’re at now including not being coached up, scheme, etc.

I’m not for cutting Gilbert , but if you have a running back that’s going to end up with 13 or 14 hundred yards you can’t say you have an offensive line that can’t block. Tucker is excellent but no RB goes without blocking.

he‘s not getting rid of Gilbert. People are nuts. Offense has had highs and lows but I don’t think Dino going to flip the script on yet another year where he will be coaching for his job

he‘s not getting rid of Gilbert. People are nuts. Offense has had highs and lows but I don’t think Dino going to flip the script on yet another year where he will be coaching for his job
Agree. I did not like the idea when DB brought in Gilbert. No change in philosophy. Thought it would have been good to bring in a young creative oc with different philosophy than DB than mold the two together.

I didn’t hear that, his take was that “they had our number today”. It would be much more comforting if there was something to pinpoint to, but we didn’t get that from the interview.

On a side, I’m feeling that winter hat that he has. Wouldn’t mind it under the tree this year.

I don’t disagree with that. My feeling is based on that as well, not what their potential is but where they’re at now including not being coached up, scheme, etc.
In fairness losing Taj hurts. But the rest of the outside guys are either too young or MAC level.

Queely at best is a #3 outside WR. He is our #1.
Johnson shouldn't be playing. He is our #2 outside guy.
Hatcher is too young.
Cooper is a decent #2 slot and he is our #3 guy.
Pena is a decent #2 slot but he is hurt.
Alford at this point in his career should be a #3 outside guy, which he is.
Gadsden is too young.
Jackson is a decent #1 slot.

Even if Taj were here he really is more of a slot than an outside guy.

Next year will be decent if we get a #1 outside WR in the portal. Otherwise it will be more of the same.

In fairness losing Taj hurts. But the rest of the outside guys are either too young or MAC level.

Queely at best is a #3 outside WR. He is our #1.
Johnson shouldn't be playing. He is our #2 outside guy.
Hatcher is too young.
Cooper is a decent #2 slot and he is our #3 guy.
Pena is a decent #2 slot but he is hurt.
Alford at this point in his career should be a #3 outside guy, which he is.
Gadsden is too young.
Jackson is a decent #1 slot.

Even if Taj were here he really is more of a slot than an outside guy.

Next year will be decent if we get a #1 outside WR in the portal. Otherwise it will be more of the same.
None of those players would be playing if you had players like Ismael, Phillips, Estime from Dino's first year. And that's not including AET.

If you take GS out of the game how good is the oline blocking for Tucker. I think since teams have to account for GS the game plan allows for Tucker to get yards. The oline does have to be able to block still, absolutely. But our oline has played well a few times and graded out very poorly like last year or almost like last year too.
why would take gs out of the game? that makes no sense---he is supposed to be in the equation like every other team.

I didn’t hear that, his take was that “they had our number today”. It would be much more comforting if there was something to pinpoint to, but we didn’t get that from the interview.
I heard the lining up in empty sets comment, and he also said we need to be more creative.

why would take gs out of the game? that makes no sense---he is supposed to be in the equation like every other team.

Umm, what?

6B5B4B09-3EB1-43E9-BFC9-3A5CEC26EFB3.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom