shooting | Syracusefan.com

shooting

Millhouse

Living Legend
does anyone even know where their good spots on the floor are to shoot from (if there are any)

is gmac too naturally great at shooting to teach at all?

we're turning into a weird version of pitt, we know we won't be able to shoot but we hope the zone makes you worse.

i'm just so tired of pick and rolls to centers that other teams want you to throw the ball to. if it weren't boeheim and i weren't so grateful for all the great times, i'd be pretty sick of the entertainment value game to game

it's not that his approach is totally ineffective, it's ok. i'm just tiring of the tradeoff between long rangy zone guys vs shooting. long athletic shooters get to pick where they go. guys like gillon don't work here, we tried that.

Anybody familiar with the hot and cold zones in the NBA 2K video games? The entire court, including the area at the rim, is a cold zone for the entire team.

does anyone even know where their good spots on the floor are to shoot from (if there are any)

we're turning into a weird version of pitt, we know we won't be able to shoot but we hope the zone makes you worse.

i'm just so tired of pick and rolls to centers that other teams want you to throw the ball to. if it weren't boeheim and i weren't so grateful for all the great times, i'd be pretty sick of the entertainment value game to game

it's not that his approach is totally ineffective, it's ok. i'm just tiring of the tradeoff between long rangy zone guys vs shooting. long athletic shooters get to pick where they go. guys like gillon don't work here, we tried that.
Well, Carey air-balled the easiest 3 on the court if that says anything.

Top to bottom, nobody on the active roster seems to be aware that getting squared and going straight up makes for a higher percentage than fading away. And I'd think that this is an area where those "athletic zone" players would have an advantage.

All I know is that every game it seems one team is getting easy shots and the other one is taking long twos on every possession.

It’s like Millhouse complaint about doing things “the hard way” during the Shafer days.

According to the NBA the best shot is the corner 3.

It is a little closer than straight on and allows guards to penetrate and have a shooter in the corner if the lane gets clogged.

It is a little closer than straight on and allows guards to penetrate and have a shooter in the corner if the lane gets clogged.

That's because the corner 3 in the NBA is a shorter distance than other spots for the arc.

yeah but individual players have places on the floor where they shoot better. it seems like brissett over his career has been ok from straight on and dreadful everywhere else

I think it’s less a lack of shooting ability and more of a lack of our offense generating good shots and I think it’s been that way for the past 5-7 years.

I think it’s less a lack of shooting ability and more of a lack of our offense generating good shots and I think it’s been that way for the past 5-7 years.
that is why i look at FT shooting. good shooters make FTs. there aren't other variables confounding it.

considering that we never let big people touch the ball on purpose, our FT shooting is especially poor

that is why i look at FT shooting. good shooters make FTs. there aren't other variables confounding it.

considering that we never let big people touch the ball on purpose, our FT shooting is especially poor

Last year we were incredible from the line. We still shot terrible from 3.

I can think of other players who were good to great FT shooters who missed a lot of contested 3’s(Triche/Cooney/Battle come to mind).

We don’t get our guys anywhere close to the kind of open looks that say Villanova or Michigan produce.

Even the White/Lydon/Gillon team that was good at shooting took a ton of terrible contested shots.

I can think of other players who were good to great FT shooters who missed a lot of contested 3’s(Triche/Cooney/Battle come to mind).

We don’t get our guys anywhere close to the kind of open looks that say Villanova or Michigan produce.

Even the White/Lydon/Gillon team that was good at shooting took a ton of terrible contested shots.
good free throw shooters can miss contested threes but if you're not a good ft shooter, you're probably not going to be good from three contested or not

ah the su holidays ! the merry sound of change clanging noisily off the outside of the kettle...

If your name isn't Chuk or Oshae, I would say dunking range is the best spot on the floor to shoot from.

Well if we can’t shoot in the next few years with Guerrier/Goodine and to a lesser extent Girard or Buddy we will know it is the system and not the players.

All I know is that every game it seems one team is getting easy shots and the other one is taking long twos on every possession.

It’s like Millhouse complaint about doing things “the hard way” during the Shafer days.

I’m being told by the powers at be here that we got plenty of good looks last night. Riiight...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom