Shot clock | Syracusefan.com

Shot clock

HoustonCuse

2020-21 Iggy Winner Lead Scorer & Post Season Rcd
In all Big East games for the past 3-4 years, teams have a scoring rate of about 96.875% against us when the shot clock gets under 8 seconds. It's to the point now where I just want the Syracuse players to completely stop any defensive play and run down to get into an offensive set when the clock gets to 5 seconds.

In all Big East games for the past 3-4 years, teams have a scoring rate of about 96.875% against us when the shot clock gets under 8 seconds. It's to the point now where I just want the Syracuse players to completely stop any defensive play and run down to get into an offensive set when the clock gets to 5 seconds.
Ha ha! That stat certainly seems true at times. You play stellar defense for 33 seconds, then a shot goes in.

<--------- shout out to Danny Biasone

SU has a propensity to foul with 1 second left in the shot clock, too

Bit of a tangent ... but it bothers me when the student section barks out the shot clock ... even moreso when they do a countdown that ends before the actual clock. Makes no sense, only backfires, all it does is give the other team a verbal warning. If they really want to cause problems for the opposing team then make as much incoherent noise as possible...don't let them know they are running out of time.

The best is when the other team calls a TO because the shot clock is winding down and when they come out ofn the TO someone gets the ball who doesn't seem to rememeber why they called the TO. This happens about 5 times a year and the poor coach just can't seem to believe it.

It does seem like last second heaves go in far more often than they should and not just against zone. I wonder if just trying to jack one up takes some sort of conscious presher off the shooter and subconscious and muscle memory just take over.

It does seem like last second heaves go in far more often than they should and not just against zone. I wonder if just trying to jack one up takes some sort of conscious presher off the shooter and subconscious and muscle memory just take over.
I'm almost certain that's true. Examples of that in nearly every sport. I mentioned something like this a few weeks back about how if you slightly blur your vision immediately after starting an accuracy-dependent motion, you will actually become more accurate. The human brain is weird.

Bit of a tangent ... but it bothers me when the student section barks out the shot clock ... even moreso when they do a countdown that ends before the actual clock. Makes no sense, only backfires, all it does is give the other team a verbal warning. If they really want to cause problems for the opposing team then make as much incoherent noise as possible...don't let them know they are running out of time.
It would be cool if they started counting down from 5 when the shot clock hits 4.

I'm almost certain that's true. Examples of that in nearly every sport. I mentioned something like this a few weeks back about how if you slightly blur your vision immediately after starting an accuracy-dependent motion, you will actually become more accurate. The human brain is weird.

I have always been good at darts even when drunk and seem to have a specific knack for closing games out. I kind of do what you describe. First I line up and zone in on the exact spot and then I just kind of view the board as a whole but still centered on that spot. After that its just muscle memory of a motion that I have made as simple as possible. Same with golf, focus should be intense before the stroke starts not during it.

I dunno, I bet this is confirmation bias more than anything, though I'd love to see numbers on it

I'm confused. What does this mean?

I'm confused. What does this mean?

Its great news actually, because its the first imperical proof that we are one of 68 teams that will have a chance to win it all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom