Shot Clock | Syracusefan.com

Shot Clock

CU44SE

All Conference
Since everyone has already touched on the terrible refs and the incredible poise this team posses, I thought I'd touch on another subject; a subject that has been getting a lot of attention in the media recently. The shot clock is a disaster in the college game. It is the slowest shot clock in basketball, women's basketball even has a shorter shot clock (30 seconds). If I had to guess, 75% of Pitts shots came with under 10 seconds on the shot clock. I continued to think of the Butler game in the tournament a couple years ago. Something needs to be done to speed the game up. Personally, I would like to see it under 30 seconds, but I could see 24 being a little to fast. A happy medium would probably be about 27-28 seconds. Dorris Burke said last night that our offense isnt very good, citing our low 70 ppg average. This is a terrible way to generalize because teams play us so slow. Everything is sit on the ball and slow the game down, people want to limit the amount of possessions in the game. In reality, we have a top 10 offense in the country based on offensive efficiency. I just think the shot clock is something that really needs to be looked at this off-season. Its time to speed the game up!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom