Should be proud of this team for its out of conference wins. | Syracusefan.com

Should be proud of this team for its out of conference wins.

strumpfasaurus

2nd String
I think this was one of our better out of conference schedules. Had some great wins over minnesota, St Johns, and then an underrated ranked Baylor and Villanova Team. We will most likely drop 2-5 games in the ACC, but I think we are well on our way to a one seed.

Unless we get bit by the injury bug(Knock on wood) I don't see any way we lose more than three games in conference, and that's even stretching it a bit for me.

Unless we get bit by the injury bug(Knock on wood) I don't see any way we lose more than three games in conference, and that's even stretching it a bit for me.

I agree. You can mark down at Duke as a loss, and throw in a What road loss somewhere, but this schedule seems easier to me than the Big East was the last few years, and it lines up very favorable to us in terms of who we play at home.

The only tough thing is that we close with something like 4 of 5 on the road, but only that Duke away game in there looks like a likely loss. The others, we might lose one just from attrition, from being on the road so many games during the stretch run.

I agree. You can mark down at Duke as a loss, and throw in a What road loss somewhere, but this schedule seems easier to me than the Big East was the last few years, and it lines up very favorable to us in terms of who we play at home.

The only tough thing is that we close with something like 4 of 5 on the road, but only that Duke away game in there looks like a likely loss. The others, we might lose one just from attrition, from being on the road so many games during the stretch run.
I feel like I could talk myself into a Syracuse win @Duke if you give me enough time, but I agree with you that that game is more likely to be a loss than almost any other we have left.

I think the only thing missing was a road game in a truly hostile environment, but yeah the team faced a solid non-con slate and came out perfect. In the past I would have felt that SU is still going to face stiffer competition in league play, but the group of teams SU ran through in non-con play are as good as or better than 90% of the teams SU will face in the ACC. Anything more than 3 losses would be disappointing IMO.

I think the only thing missing was a road game in a truly hostile environment, but yeah the team faced a solid non-con slate and came out perfect.

When did Eastern Michigan join the ACC?

Granted, SU should beat EMU handily, but I am not one who believes in counting chickens...

When did Eastern Michigan join the ACC?

Granted, SU should beat EMU handily, but I am not one who believes in counting chickens...

Well if they were in the ACC they wouldn't be the worst team in the league, but yes, I am guilty of looking ahead.

I agree. I think @Duke and one of the Pitt games are the most likely losses with a What loss somewhere along the way. Not that Pitt is all that great, just that Dixon seems to have our number enough in the past that he'll find a way to get the Panthers one close win over us.

Cheers,
Neil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom