Should I take off work tomorrow? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Should I take off work tomorrow?

I always watch everything from DVR. No commercials that way & I can re-wind when I want to hone in on certain plays. Also, I don't have agita through all the interminable late game timeouts if it is close.

The hard part of doing that is to make sure that I do not hear the score elsewhere.

I always watch everything from DVR. No commercials that way & I can re-wind when I want to hone in on certain plays. Also, I don't have agita through all the interminable late game timeouts if it is close.

The hard part of doing that is to make sure that I do not hear the score elsewhere.

What do you guys who watch on DVR do during the beginning of the game then? If I was home at 7 and I knew Cuse was playing at 7, there's no way I'd be able to wait to start watching the game. That would seem to require a type of discipline that I just don't have.

What do you guys who watch on DVR do during the beginning of the game then? If I was home at 7 and I knew Cuse was playing at 7, there's no way I'd be able to wait to start watching the game. That would seem to require a type of discipline that I just don't have.

Makes no sense to me, to each his or her own i guess

Off to Brooklyn with 3 boys, 2 of whom will be seeing their first SU game.
So, basically......

IMG_0746.GIF
IMG_0747.GIF

IMG_0748.GIF

Who else is?

If we win (please win), I'll try to watch the UNC game from work.
No! I am taking the day off, but you shouldn't. I am because I am retired. You need your job. It is just a basketball game. Your job is your life.

I always try to take Thursday and Friday of conference tournament and NCAA week off. This week I have an unavoidable meeting on Wed and Thursday so gotta DVR it and turn my phone off.

Agree.

Also, watching live you just strategically use commercial breaks for beer/drink refills and bathroom breaks.

1 last thing, you guys/gals do realize if you have DVR you can actually rewind even if its live right? Then you can fast forward back to the action... just sayin

Agree.

Also, watching live you just strategically use commercial breaks for beer/drink refills and bathroom breaks.

1 last thing, you guys/gals do realize if you have DVR you can actually rewind even if its live right? Then you can fast forward back to the action... just sayin

You use the bathroom during games? What if your bladder is currently full of good luck? You wanna just flush that down the toilet?

Everything that needs to get done so my wife doesn't interupt me.

I'm not taking the day off. I'm DVRing it. I think I would even if we were one of the best teams in the country. For an NCAAT game maybe but for a conference tourney game on Wednesday, no way.
With that kind of outburst I sense that you're not well. I suggest that you stay home, take two Advil and call your doctor!

i just wait about forty minutes and i am caught up by the end when it really matters. its not discipline its just a waste of time to sit thru commercials.

PVR the game and start watching from scratch and try to fast forward through things do it ends by 2. Or just watch the second half at regular pace.

Adam Sandler, who has worn licensed Cuse gear on the screen, seems to prefer a medium pace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom