Should Syracuse cancel its upcoming Penn State games? | Syracusefan.com

Should Syracuse cancel its upcoming Penn State games?

Should Syracuse cancel the upcoming Penn State games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this is a no brainer...you play em.

the guilty should be blackballed from the sport, not the student/athletes and not the school in general.

and we are talking 2 years from now and then 10.

So the inference is the SU should not schedule any schools that have any employees that fail to live up to our standards?

For example, if a school has an AD who embezzles money from the school or has a coach who beats his wife, do we then refuse to schedule them?

So the inference is the SU should not schedule any schools that have any employees that fail to live up to our standards?

For example, if a school has an AD who embezzles money from the school or has a coach who beats his wife, do we then refuse to schedule them?

An employee? How about a complete institution. BTW, I voted no. It wasn't just Sandusky or Paterno it was the complete PSU institution from top to bottom. Janitors did nothing, coaches did nothing, AD did nothing, finance and security did nothing, the Prez did nothing. This wasn't an isolated incidence nor the act of one rogue employee. I would not want SU to associate with this child raping enabler of a school for a long time and until after I felt the complete investigation was done and that all complicit were out and that the new hierarchy were doing things right.

I voted yes (they should cancel), unless they clean house top-to-bottom.

I think if PSU tries to continue to cover this up, or allows those complicit in Sandusky's atrocious crimes to continue to work for PSU, then yes, SU should cancel.

Otherwise, no.

Because an institutional cover up are the exact same thing as child rape. And did that coach beat his wife in the locker room with multiple witnesses over the course of several years as the school stood by and did nothing?

I think we should consider cancelling the series if PSU does not clean house.

Fair question, but totally premature.

I suspect that by 2013 the PSU athletic department and academic administration will look nothing like it does today.

Is there any way possible to add a dislike option?

If we're going to play 9 ACC conference games each season, we should cancel the series to fill the schedule with tomato cans just because of that.