Should we just bring Men and Women back? | Syracusefan.com

Should we just bring Men and Women back?

Cuse'91

All American
Seems like all the ills of Syracuse athletics have only exacerbated since we went PC. I, personally, dislike plain color Orange as the school's mascot. I don't know how close the vote was to not change it a few years ago, but it might be time to start a clean slate if we can't go back to Orangemen. Maybe corny, but how about Syracuse Blizzards? Maybe go with these team colors...
images.jpeg

Why doesn't the football team walk from the practice facility and come down from Mt. Olympus, if we're blue skying.

I would love for it to go back to Orangemen. It'll never happen due to apparel sales. They can't sell enough Orangewomen apparel to justify making a separate line for it. They can sell Orange at all events.

I would love for it to go back to Orangemen. It'll never happen due to apparel sales. They can't sell enough Orangewomen apparel to justify making a separate line for it. They can sell Orange at all events.
Yeah, having one branding instead of two is way easier to manage. Being just the "Orange" means that floorboards and signage don't have to be changed, fan bases don't have to be segregated, and apparel is catch all. Much easier to function that way.

Seems like all the ills of Syracuse athletics have only exacerbated since we went PC.
Having gender distinct team nicknames is now far more of an exception than a rule. It would be a BAAAAAAAAAAD look to go back.

How close were we to changing the mascot to a wolf in '95? What about Snow Wolves? S'Wolves?