Shout out to all the naysayers | Syracusefan.com

Shout out to all the naysayers

Damn some posters tonight just kept whining and whining about how we’d find a way to lose.

We didn’t.

4-0.

Eat it bitche$$$ and get off the bandwagon now!!!
You think we looked good? No one on here wanted us to lose. But if we play that same game against Wake, Clemson, NC St, Pitt, Notre Dame or FSU, we get throttled. Simple as that. Usually I'm ecstatic after a Cuse win. I was imagining us winning 10 games. Now? I expect we'll beat BC and Wagner and finish 6-6. Has nothing to do with being a bandwagon fan and everything to do with being realistic.

You think we looked good? No one on here wanted us to lose. But if we play that same game against Wake, Clemson, NC St, Pitt, Notre Dame or FSU, we get throttled. Simple as that. Usually I'm ecstatic after a Cuse win. I was imagining us winning 10 games. Now? I expect we'll beat BC and Wagner and finish 6-6. Has nothing to do with being a bandwagon fan and everything to do with being realistic.
Who said we looked good?

All I said that there was a lot of whining and thanks for proving my point.

4-0 baby. Woooooooooooo

I bet you’re a load of fun at your “Cali” cocktail parties

Don't forget, you are never ever as good as you think you are when you play good and never ever as bad as you think you are when you play bad. Recency bias is real. People remember what they see last. We didn't play well tonight. Maybe we aren't as good as we thought at 7 tonight. But we aren't as bad as we think at 11 either.

I think the OP was calling out that in the game thread people were literally saying that the game was over and lost and Syracuse couldn't win and there was a few of those guys in there. So kinda how our board likes making people eat crow, I think that is what he was saying.

We gotta get healthy

Realistically we should be 2-2 staring down an absolute gauntlet after Wagner.

That said, given the break, they can play like week 1 again. The Wagner game and bye come at a great time.

Problem now is - we’ve taken some serious personnel losses these first 4 games.

With Lockett likely out for a while, we’re gonna have a hard time stopping teams from just running it down our throats.

Here’s hoping we can get healthy these next few weeks, so we can be at our best for NCST.

Would be amazing to nab that W and clinch bowl eligibility that early in the season.

LFGO!!!!

With Lockett likely out for a while, we’re gonna have a hard time stopping teams from just running it down our throats.

Here’s hoping we can get healthy these next few weeks, so we can be at our best for NCST.

Would be amazing to nab that W and clinch bowl eligibility that early in the season.

LFGO!!!!
No doubt. Injuries are my biggest concern. LGO!

LFGO!!!!
This is why only your Alabama’s and Georgia’s and Ohio state teams will ever win a championship.
They can go to 12 -16 team playoffs but teams like ours just will never have the depth to play that many playoff games.

Our Oline stunk tonight, but we found a way … with 4 turnovers. I’ll take soon to be 5-0 and find a way to fix some serious deficiencies. Go Orange!!!!

Damn some posters tonight just kept whining and whining about how we’d find a way to lose.

We didn’t.

4-0.

Eat it bitche$$$ and get off the bandwagon now!!!

Posts ike this almost always age poorly. You sound like the posters proclaming SU was bowl bound after the FSU game last year. This team has been hit by injuries hard, could easily hit a skid, start crowing when we get to 6 wins.

Realistically we should be 2-2 staring down an absolute gauntlet after Wagner.

That said, given the break, they can play like week 1 again. The Wagner game and bye come at a great time.
We should be 4-0 . We made enough plays to win. Hell , there have been so many games that have went the other way . We were not impressive tonight , nobody would say we were. But we did enough to win.

Posts ike this almost always age poorly. You sound like the posters proclaming SU was bowl bound after the FSU game last year. This team has been hit by injuries hard, could easily hit a skid, start crowing when we get to 6 wins.
Jeremy the game thread was toxic and the OP was I believe talking about that. Some guys should just be blocked from threads during games. Not going to name names but the last 10 minutes of game thread was full of toxic and trolls. Was brutal.

Jeremy the game thread was toxic and the OP was I believe talking about that. Some guys should just be blocked from threads during games. Not going to name names but the last 10 minutes of game thread was full of toxic and trolls. Was brutal.
Every game thread is toxic and brutal. Sure a handful go way overboard but the game thread is a pure reaction as the game is happening no one is level-headed and it's just what emotion(s) people are feeling at the time.
The game thread is not for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom