Shout out to season ticket holders | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Shout out to season ticket holders

Obviously everyone’s situation is different with their seasons but there were a lot of Buffalo fans in premium seats last night.

I’ve had seasons for 20+ years. Go to maybe half the games. When I don’t go, I give them to family and friends. It would be nice if season ticket holders at least made an attempt to get those tickets to Syracuse fans.

It was honestly disgusting how the UB fans took over the dome last night. They acted like classless goons who had never seen their team being ranked before. And let's be honest. They're the MAC equivalent of Rutgers. But their whooping, taunting and vile attitude last night towards SU fans was incredibly classless.

It was honestly disgusting how the UB fans took over the dome last night. They acted like classless goons who had never seen their team being ranked before. And let's be honest. They're the MAC equivalent of Rutgers. But their whooping, taunting and vile attitude last night towards SU fans was incredibly classless.
We didn't have any in our section but I can't blame them at all. This was a big win for them. They overcame poor shooting and came back to blow us out. It's not like UB has been a basketball powerhouse. It was expected from a school two hours down the road. Give them their moment in the sun. We got embarrassed.

Yeah I am not going to rip any fan who sold their ticket to Buffalo fans.
The fans we got our why the AD sustained itself during tough times.
If they want to make some money back that is fine.
During the Red Sox-Yankees heyday rivalry 2002-2007 my friends dad had 2 season tickets to Fenway Park.
He sold the tickets for all Red Sox-Yankees games and it paid for 85% of his season tickets.
He got to 72 other games of his choosing and paid 15%.

That was smart fandom. Our fans are awesome for having NBA crowds every game even if they are quiet.

We didn't have any in our section but I can't blame them at all. This was a big win for them. They overcame poor shooting and came back to blow us out. It's not like UB has been a basketball powerhouse. It was expected from a school two hours down the road. Give them their moment in the sun. We got embarrassed.

I agree that this was a big win for them, and it was their moment in the sun. No problem with that. But show some class and don't taunt SU fans with expletives and other foul language. That's not acceptable.

Yeah I am not going to rip any fan who sold their ticket to Buffalo fans.
The fans we got our why the AD sustained itself during tough times.
If they want to make some money back that is fine.
During the Red Sox-Yankees heyday rivalry 2002-2007 my friends dad had 2 season tickets to Fenway Park.
He sold the tickets for all Red Sox-Yankees games and it paid for 85% of his season tickets.
He got to 72 other games of his choosing and paid 15%.

That was smart fandom. Our fans are awesome for having NBA crowds every game even if they are quiet.

The last thing I’m thinking about when I get my seasons is “How can I recoup some $$$?!?”

I derive joy from people I know getting to enjoy the tickets as much as I do. Happy to share the experience. To each his own and merely a suggestion. But I’d prefer not to sit next to some slobbering meathead from Buffalo whilst at the Carrier Dome.

we didn't have any in our section, but its weird people are surprised they had so many. they're 2 hours away. they're top 20. we're a big name opponent. if you're a fan, what better road trip to make? we laud our fans for away game attendance. this was an easy trip for them. and with the closeness, I bet there are many buffalo grads living in the Syracuse area.

we didn't have any in our section, but its weird people are surprised they had so many. they're 2 hours away. they're top 20. we're a big name opponent. if you're a fan, what better road trip to make? we laud our fans for away game attendance. this was an easy trip for them. and with the closeness, I bet there are many buffalo grads living in the Syracuse area.

A few who are Syracuse fans when we aren’t playing Buffalo.

The five young Buffalo fans behind us were very polite and classy.

The bigger issue is will people continue to buy tickets for the product that is on the floor? I drive two hours each way and I’m not enjoying games any more. It wasn’t until a month after last year’s deadline that the University contacted me that I decided to reup again. The level of play is awful and next year is going to be even worse. We have no bigs ready to help next year and no recruits coming in. The program is stale. This could get real ugly over the next few weeks unless there is a complete turn around. The only way anything will change will be if people stop coming to games. Next Saturday could be the lowest attendance in years. Season ticket holders, who pay premium seating no longer get the tax deduction that was available in the past. It’s another reason not to fork up nearly $3,000.00 for two seats in Level A.

The bigger issue is will people continue to buy tickets for the product that is on the floor? I drive two hours each way and I’m not enjoying games any more. It wasn’t until a month after last year’s deadline that the University contacted me that I decided to reup again. The level of play is awful and next year is going to be even worse. We have no bigs ready to help next year and no recruits coming in. The program is stale. This could get real ugly over the next few weeks unless there is a complete turn around. The only way anything will change will be if people stop coming to games. Next Saturday could be the lowest attendance in years. Season ticket holders, who pay premium seating no longer get the tax deduction that was available in the past. It’s another reason not to fork up nearly $3,000.00 for two seats in Level A.
I could have had a tax deduction??

St Bonaventure was the same way last year.

That would’ve NEVER flown in the 80’s.

Sitting on your hands the entire game doesn't mean you support the program. A cardboard cutout has more energy than them.
Were you talking to JB?
Exactly one year ago I posted this.

The contingent of Buffalo fans at the Dome last night, especially the younger fans, were boozed up, loud, obnoxious and wild.

You know, everything our fans USED to be.
Careful what you wish for. :cool: I've been to a BB's game - and it's not the wine and cheese/university crowd for sure. There were fights all over the place. Guys were drunk and burning garbage in the parking lot ... It was a chitshow. There's a way to cheer and keep it classy ... remembering that it's a college venue.

I still can't believe they averaged over 29K a game back in 1989-90. That record may never get broken.

There's no may about it imho. It won't be broken even if we improve with the at-home experience what it is

Careful what you wish for. I've been to a BB's game - and it's not the wine and cheese/university crowd for sure. There were fights all over the place. Guys were drunk and burning garbage in the parking lot ... It was a chitshow. There's a way to cheer and keep it classy ... remembering that it's a college venue.
Bills fans are not the same as UB fans. UB basketball’s trueblue section may be one of the better student/alumni sections in the nation.

I still can't believe they averaged over 29K a game back in 1989-90. That record may never get broken.
Yep...for a lot of reasons. Quite a different era back then.
- Good players stayed longer, so the talent was way better across the board. Plus those teams were so entertaining, each game seemed to have a few plays that everyone would talk about later with the "did you see that" factor, even in a loss.
- Recognition of players on opposing teams, with matchups to look forward to. There were 5-6 games that got the same treatment that the Duke games have had recently, or even more. The Big East was loaded then.
- No easy secondary ticket market to use. Season ticket holders who couldn't use theirs gave/sold them to friends. If you didn't have such a connection, if you had the chance to go, you went, because you never knew when you'd have a chance to get tickets again. No watching how prices were shifting from your phone an hour before the game
-- Not all games were on TV. Even if they were the TV experience was nothing compared to today. If not that, there was Radio. But no syracusefan.com or twitter feeds giving updates and highlights in real time.

Do you go to the games?

Can't believe I missed this. I had season tickets every year except my senior year to save my parents a couple of dollars as my brother entered college. I bought what tickets I could.

It was just under 30k. 29.9 to be exact. Not happening any time in the next 50 years unless the drone industry takes off and the metro population explodes. So yeah, fantasy talk.

I think the ceiling in this era would be to avg 25k. That's with an entertaining product along the lines of 2009-2012 combined with the updated facilities. If the renovation hits Phase 2 and 3 and dramatically improves the fan experience I could see that being possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom