Shrader Breakdown Video | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Shrader Breakdown Video

This leaves out the obvious - mobile guys usually are not as good at throwing. The ones that can do both end up at Clemson and Ohio State.

It's a tradeoff - and one recent events here (and maybe historically) have us biased towards mobile guys. I think we're in good shape with both types this year, just like 2018.

EDIT: For example, I want to see the video of him being accurate on his drop back throws, quick outs, etc. Can he do the stuff we need him to do when he's not running?
agree,but encouraging, also he appears to make things happen, not timid, and hopefully does not make stupid mistakes and plays under control.
i am hoping that td has matured, and ol gives him a chance.

SU has enough talent and depth to win 6 or more this year if we aget good QB play. We cant have a mediocre QB we need above average. We need a guy like Eric who elevates the other players. At a school like SU we have to have a QB who brings it.
Also i started a post about running the ball. Knowing that we have Adams, Howard, Tuck, Lutz and Hough combined with our new OL coach preaching aggressive down hill blocking makes me smile. I think that we are going to be a team that can really pound the ball. I dont remember the last time we were this strong and deep at RB. Lets take advantage of it.

Shrader has flaws -- hell, all QBs do outside of an elite few.

But I'd be shocked -- absolutely shocked -- if he isn't starting by game 3. I don't believe [after three years of evidence] that DeVito has "it." Throws an exceptionally pretty ball in shorts, has big time arm talent, but when the pass rush is live he can't process what's happening fast enough.

He'd have to improve substantially to maintain a starting role. Fingers crossed, but I don't see that happening. Again, based upon three years of evidence.

Not sure how you can say that when Shrader hasnt played a game with SU yet. TD has 3 years of game play in a veer and shoot offense. GS has been here for 9 months. You dont know how Shrader is going to react in a game with new coaches and team mates. Now GS might out perform TD despite that but to say he doesnt have the upper hand is not true. DIno has said it himself. We can only hope GS has caught up. We cant assume he has just because he was an early enrollee.
Shrader played games for Mississippi State. Good plays and bad, it is the SEC. If he can make any improvements regarding turnovers (fumbles, bad throws that lead to interceptions) for the time he is provided, I would like to see him play. TD should be on a short leash. The Offensive line was horrible last year, however that doesn’t change some of the terrible decisions he made.

Shrader has flaws -- hell, all QBs do outside of an elite few.

But I'd be shocked -- absolutely shocked -- if he isn't starting by game 3. I don't believe [after three years of evidence] that DeVito has "it." Throws an exceptionally pretty ball in shorts, has big time arm talent, but when the pass rush is live he can't process what's happening fast enough.

He'd have to improve substantially to maintain a starting role. Fingers crossed, but I don't see that happening. Again, based upon three years of evidence.
I want to disagree with this but can’t. I think we might see 2-3 with DeVito, then Shrader, then he gets hurt doing something aggressive, TD back in to get us to 6 wins.

Seems very on point for how we do it around here

Shrader played games for Mississippi State. Good plays and bad, it is the SEC. If he can make any improvements regarding turnovers (fumbles, bad throws that lead to interceptions) for the time he is provided, I would like to see him play. TD should be on a short leash. The Offensive line was horrible last year, however that doesn’t change some of the terrible decisions he made.
I would like to see GS play too. Just stating facts about his experience compared to TD in this system. I make arguments for both QB's. Im aware of Shrader's ability. Probably watched his highlights 10 times. I prefer dual threats and I would like for the younger QB to play because he has more eligibility. That doesnt mean its gonna happen now. It might take a little time. TD is not going to roll over and give him the job. I think everyone agrees that if TD isnt performing well that he should be pulled. Thats what the transfer QB is for.

I have no doubt we make a Bowl in 2019 and win a few games in 2020 with Dungey. Our OL wasn't great when he was here either, but he made things happen.
I’m not sure he finishes either season healthy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom