Shrader | Syracusefan.com

Shrader

kcsu

Living Legend
Last night i watched parts of each game and focused solely on GS. My two cents is that he never recovered from his surgery and or it wasn't successful. He doesn't have any velocity on his passes and it looks as if he doesn't pull the trigger on throws possibly because he cant make them. His ball has been floating all season. Watch a few games and scroll to his passing plays.

Last night i watched parts of each game and focused solely on GS. My two cents is that he never recovered from his surgery and or it wasn't successful. He doesn't have any velocity on his passes and it looks as if he doesn't pull the trigger on throws possibly because he cant make them. His ball has been floating all season. Watch a few games and scroll to his passing plays.
Weird that the coaches aren’t able to make the same observation.

Calling bs. This isn't a surgery related issue, something is physically not right with him.

Not fully recovering from surgery is a physical issue.
Let me rephrase. I'm not suggesting that arm strength isn't somewhat of a minor issue, given the incredibly poor timing of when he got cleared just at the beginning of preseason camp.

To clarify, what I'm saying is that there's something off that has goes way beyond his arm or the surgery. He hasn't been the same player since he took that big hit early against Clemson.

Last edited:
Why dont we roll him out?
Cuz he's screwed up physically. This isn't the same guy who ran for nearly 200 yards against Purdue.

Something is wrong.

It's not like he's healthy like at the beginning of the year, and his performance has just slipped, or that it's all based on bad execution.

Cuz he's screwed up physically. This isn't the same guy who ran for nearly 200 yards against Purdue.

Something is wrong.

It's not like he's healthy like at the beginning of the year, and his performance has just slipped, or that it's old based on bad execution.
Whatever the cause/reason our QB is a shell of himself. If he starts poorly against BC they need to let Carlos play. Part of me wonders if there might be an issue internally because Carlos isn't getting any run during 4 straight blowouts. The players know Shrader is off.

I hate saying this because we all want to believe in him but it's possible that Shrader just maybe isn't all that good of a QB.

He's made plays in years prior and even Purdue (I know they're meh but still a B1G opponent on the road) that he cannot make at all now. Agree with both KC and RF something is off. He didn't suddenly get too old or anything.

Or our head coach. Dont forget, Tucker was fourth string.

Tucker was a true freshman though. Sometimes you’re forced to find something thru desperation.

I suppose we could try that. We’ve averaged 225 yards and 8.5 points in the last 4 games. Can’t really get much worse.

His surgery doesn’t explain why he suddenly can’t juke 297lb linemen when just one game previously he was escaping tackles from and outrunning defensive backs. He’s a tough, courageous guy that has had a hard time physically recovering from some violent hits. I’m not dumb enough to think, like some, that throwing CDW in there is going to jump start this anemic offense.

Tucker was a true freshman though. Sometimes you’re forced to find something thru desperation.

I suppose we could try that. We’ve averaged 225 yards and 8.5 points in the last 4 games. Can’t really get much worse.
Agree. I don't really hold that against Dino. It's not the first time in college football history a true freshman has had some fortune to see the field and then blew up.

Agree. I don't really hold that against Dino. It's not the first time in college football history a true freshman has had some fortune to see the field and then blew up.
My point is why not give Carlos and others an opportunity to make something happen when we are getting killed.

Shrader had Tucker and Gladson around him last year. He doesn’t have any such talent around hIm this year. Teams know if they stop Shrader, there’s no other options on this team. One against eleven isn’t a fair fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom