SI gives SU a B, Rutgers a D for conference moves | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

SI gives SU a B, Rutgers a D for conference moves

They know what they are doing when they try to pigeon hole NY into being just NYC. Its just a game of "spin".

SU is in the ACC for many of the same reasons that Nebraska is in the B1G. The decision had little to do with the size of the local TV audience and everything to do with the National TV audience.

Any SU fan who isn't thrilled with SU being in the ACC ought to have his or her head examined. I also can't understand this stupid conversation with a couple of Clemson fans using a bowl game from the McNabb era as a supporting claim.

Every SU fan ought to have a 3x5 card in their pocket that they can pull out and read anytime they meet or talk with any current ACC fan. It should read:

"Thanks for inviting us into your conference. We are thrilled to be playing you all. We'll try and restrain the idiots among us for at least a few years. After all, you guys threw us a life jacket when we needed it. We could easily be in Connecticut's current position without the ACC invitation.

We have a proud athletic history and tradition. We sincerely hope we can continue that and that we can make the ACC proud to have us as a member.

Even though some among us bemoan the death of the original Big East Basketball Conference and the really old guys long for the return of the Major Eastern Independents, we know the ACC is the best place us. We can compete against schools of similar size and similar resources. And there are only a few academic "have nots" and we understand how they got there"

A little humility goes a long way in building relationships. We are the new guys here. We can start shooting our mouths off --- if you can't restrain yourself and absolutely must --- after we actually accomplish something. As of right now we haven't won a single ACC game in any sport.

Great post, Townie. I loved the eastern indy days, but they are gone. Time to move on. I loved Big East basketball (who didn't, even other major conference fans loved BE hoops), but it is gone. Time to move on. We are now ACC. Time to move on.

The ACC schools are our new partners, we need to be thankful we have this group, a group of schools similar in size and mission and great traditions, sports and academic, to work with and do our part to make it better.

This, of course, does not prohibit us from proper conference foe smack talk in season. And we can all hate a school or two for old fashioned rivalry purposes. I have my eyes on NCState, but I'm open for any other school to fill that role.

Great post, Townie. I loved the eastern indy days, but they are gone. Time to move on. I loved Big East basketball (who didn't, even other major conference fans loved BE hoops), but it is gone. Time to move on. We are now ACC. Time to move on.

The ACC schools are our new partners, we need to be thankful we have this group, a group of schools similar in size and mission and great traditions, sports and academic, to work with and do our part to make it better.

This, of course, does not prohibit us from proper conference foe smack talk in season. And we can all hate a school or two for old fashioned rivalry purposes. I have my eyes on NCState, but I'm open for any other school to fill that role.

I guess I want to see stuff happen before I start hating any of these schools and their fan bases. I mean the hate has to be based on something. Some incident. Some player. Some coach. Some set of fans. Or a combination of all these things.

Most of SU opponents are just that, opponents. I mean, how much hate can anyone conjure up for Seton Hall or St Johns or Pitt in basketball or football? I think that's the way it'll go with most of the ACC schools and SU.

Prior to their leaving the Big East, I'd say we were getting to the "extreme dislike" stage with Virginia Tech football. Those last games were memorable because they either meant something big or they were blowouts that needed to be revenged.

Hold your fire, I'd say. H'town. The enemy will identify themselves IF we are good enough to develop some enemies.

NC State seems pretty benign to me. They are the third best school in the State and the others don't let them forget that. They haven't been good at anything in a long time.

I guess I want to see stuff happen before I start hating any of these schools and their fan bases. I mean the hate has to be based on something. Some incident. Some player. Some coach. Some set of fans. Or a combination of all these things.

Most of SU opponents are just that, opponents. I mean, how much hate can anyone conjure up for Seton Hall or St Johns or Pitt in basketball or football? I think that's the way it'll go with most of the ACC schools and SU.

Prior to their leaving the Big East, I'd say we were getting to the "extreme dislike" stage with Virginia Tech football. Those last games were memorable because they either meant something big or they were blowouts that needed to be revenged.

Hold your fire, I'd say. H'town. The enemy will identify themselves IF we are good enough to develop some enemies.

NC State seems pretty benign to me. They are the third best school in the State and the others don't let them forget that. They haven't been good at anything in a long time.

Point taken.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom